Intelligence Effects Skill Point Gain

Discussion in 'General Monria Discussions' started by SachemUrsa, Feb 14, 2018.

1. SachemUrsa

SachemUrsa Well-Known Member

Since the update showing skill point gain, it became clear that the amount gained from a given activity drops as you gain experience.

I was harvesting trees and got a good run on gaining Intelligence.

I happened to notice something strange, the amount I was gaining in Resource Gathering was increasing at the same rate it had previously been going down by.

After awhile, this increase stopped, and it started going down as normal again.

Some time latter, the same thing happened with my skill gain in Perception.

Today it happened with my Evade skill

Now when I first noticed this, my Intelligence was at 40, now it is 51.

Thus it does not affect all skills equally, and it takes more than just a small gain in Intelligence for it to effect a certain skill.

So at this point I am convinced Intelligence effects skill gain, but I do not have detailed information as I just noticed this from casual observation.

I do not have the time to do a detailed study about this, but if anyone does, this information could be very useful to the community

2. SachemUrsa

Update

Been doing harvesting to raise Int.

I have seen the same pattern with various skills over time, Perception, Geology, Analysis, Athletics, Longblades, etc.

Today Resource Gathering started going up again, I am at 52 Intelligence.

So it seems to happen at certain intervals. Will be interesting to see if it repeats with other skills I have noticed.

3. SachemUrsa

Another update

Crafting skills are not affected by increase in Intelligence it seems.

I came back for the update, and did some crafting, no affect at all.

As most of my other skills have been affected, and some more than once, if it affected crafting skills, I should have seen something.

Also Int gain does not effect the experience gained for Attributes.

So not all skills are affected equally, and some not at all.

DarkMoonEnigma likes this.
  4. Oleg

Oleg New Member

Skill gains don't get slower all the time. There are peaks at x250 and x750 and troughs at x000 and x500. So, for example, between 2250 and 2500 skill gains become progressively smaller, but after passing 2500 they will start to increase again until you reach 2750. Then they get smaller until you get to 3000, and so on. There's also a general overall slowing down, so gains are lower at 4000 than at 3000, 3000 is lower than 2000, etc.

Nothing to do with Intelligence.

SachemUrsa likes this.
  5. SachemUrsa

Oleg

Thanks for the input, that would explain some of the things I have seen, but not all, and why I hope someone does an in depth study of skill gains one day