Land Areas for sale??

Tilaras

Is there going to be a Land area for players to purchase in the future of the Moon?? would be kinda nice to see some new blood that way in the game, as the ones that are about now, are way to expensive to even think about looking at, and would be nice to invest in something like that.

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Tilares, anything is possible in the future, but with that said, if they did offer land areas on Monria I can't see them going for any sort of deep discount. If you were looking to invest, might want to do a shop / win an apartment in one of our events and expand out that way. As we grow and expand the moon this is one option that could be investigated but for now I don't think making it 'bigger' is very high on the priority list.

Thank you
sluggo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Is there going to be a Land area for players to purchase in the future of the Moon?? would be kinda nice to see some new blood that way in the game, as the ones that are about now, are way to expensive to even think about looking at, and would be nice to invest in something like that.

I'm sure Anhithe will respond to this, but I can say that land areas are not on the priority list right now. The future is open to possibilities, but for now, development is more focused on the priorities that the community voted on, and we want to do our best to address what will work for our Monrian participants.

If anything changes, we will definitely share what we can with the community. :)

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team

Thanks for posting @Tilaras. This isn't something I've discussed and I don't know if it would even be possible in the future but my instinct tells me that this would only be possible if at all when we significantly increase the population of Monria with new players as it has a direct impact on the LA to total player ratio across the universe. Saying that I am all for Monrians, or lunatics as I think we will come to be known, having opportunities so if I see possibilities here I will definitely take them.

Ant

Tilaras

Well, hopefully i can win one of these apartments in an upcoming Event, i would love to start calling Monria Home for a shop or something along those lines at least. At the Moment, i call Arkadia home, and would love to have a couple of places i can go to for good hunting and sweating, as well as a shop or two for commerce :)
And on a side note, i guess i better start looking for a good avatar to put up, as i will probably be posting here more and i want to have some worth posting :p hehe

sluggo

Shop Owner
I thread was posted in another part of the forum inquiring about land areas and offering them to people. The thread got closed out pretty quickly and folks were directed here to inquire / reply etc.

This seems like a valid request and I would like to reply to the OP of the closed thread here.

===
Recap of topic as I read it: Monria needs to offer land deeds if they are to survive.

Actually Monria is doing pretty good as we are with the initiatives they currently have. It's easy to say gimme gimme but really? do we need yet another 'mee too' planet? Land deeds only work if the investors see a potential in buying them. Look at some of the other planets out there and how dead they are, would you REALLY buy deeds from them that pay based on income seeing how dead they are? Even when someone buys a land area, that's just the rights to develop it, they still need to 'develop' it. That's easily another several thousand dollars if you want it 'cool enough' for people to want to come to... and keep coming to. These popularity contest land owners, quickly find out that their 5 minutes of facebook fame fizzle out very fast in a real world economy if they don't continually keep things interesting.... that cost money. Is your little 'endeavor' making enough money to keep buying people off until they are sold on your dream, or are you bleeding your wallet out??? They may have their small circle of rah rah fan boys out there, but those 10 people are NOT going to be able to support a planet, a moon, a land area etc etc. Before you even were to consider offering land deeds, profit sharing etc, you need a product that has a solid promise of continual interaction with the customer base. Currently Monria is in that building phase. Make it bigger, make it better, build it up, build it out, THEN when they are stable and DO have a solid base of players who DO call it home and DO support it on a continual basis, possibly offer investment opportunities to others. To do otherwise is just inviting hatred and resentment. This is just common sense for anyone wanting to invest that hugely into this world. Perhaps I am wrong, and the owners will correct me but this is just my take on it from what I have seen, and how I would run it.

sluggo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I responded to Zarnia in the other thread and closed it because there was discussion about previous Moon owners and I didn't want there to be any confusion. I think it's important to keep discussions current with what's happening now, which is why I gave the link to the sub-forum in Anhithe's section.

I also responded to Zarnia's inquiry in the Community Initiatives thread to answer questions and share information.

I think you covered the topic fairly Sluggo, so thank you. If Ant has anything further to add, he will.

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Sluggo/DME, for all the reasons you gave as to why not to have land deeds available are the very reason why we SHOULD have land deeds available. If someone bought land in the real world, it would be expected that once they had the deed, it would be the owner's responsibility for the upgrading process and have money added to Monria's economy (which would include paying taxes too). If someone is looking to invest, they already have the mindset that they will need to invest more to improve what they own or buy. If anyone buying property in the real or virtual world thinks they only have to buy a deed to get money, they are proven wrong which is why its important to clarify what the responsibilites are for buying any property, virtual or real world. I do disagree with your position but if the company who owns Monria doesn't have plans to sell acreage of Monria in the future, there is nothing really further to discuss. But it does limit how much the economy can improve on Monria. In the real world USA, it is always recommended to buy land and valuable metals like gold and silver to have in case of depression/recession since they will always retain their value and likely improve in a recessed economy. The six pages on auction reflect Monria's trade ability. Caly has over 200 pages at least. Yes, I would say land deeds make a difference in any virtual economy. But, if needed, Monrians can invest in other planets land deeds and develop their economies and further themselves financially that way as an alternative so there is hope for any Monrian wanting to establish their financial stability with other planets besides Monria.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Zarnia, did you read post #5 by Anhithe? He's the Owner/Moon Manager of Monria, and he very clearly responded to the question posed by Tilaras about future land areas.

sluggo

Shop Owner
Since you bring up the USA, don't forget eminent domain, your wonderful government can steal your land in a blink of an eye if 'they' see a better use for it. Or claim that some endangered sea slug lives there or some other notion and prevent you from every developing it.

Let's pretend there were land areas available for Next Island. Would you run out and grab one, or ten, dumping tens potentially 100's of thousands of dollars into just the deed, then having to dump god only knows how many more thousands of dollars for mob upkeep / mineral upkeep etc etc? If you actually think you could turn that into a big profit for you then Id speak with MA about aquiring it. If you are in that mindset, you may want to look into FOMA. I hear a few of the zones I think they are called, are for sale. That is an area that is ripe for picking as well.

By offering deeds, you are essentially selling 'stock' in your world. You now have investors you need to take care of, I am sure there are a bunch of new legalities and stuff that is involved in that, and lets take that wonderful USA again, I bet a whole bunch of new taxes and regulations they will want you to pay and follow too.

Even if the Monria Team wanted to offer land areas, Mindark can very well say no. Monria is a 'moon' they are not considered a full planet. MA could say well, Planet Partners paid upwards of a million dollars for their investment, you paid 100k, no you are not entitled to the same features as a full planet partner, if you want that, you need to cough up the extra million and upgrade. Even if you did it as a crowdfunding type of thing, that's still a lot of money to be accountable for. I have to be honest when I say that NO I am NOT putting 25k into your idea if I don't see a very strong possibility of a return on that investment. Just because you have deeds does not mean people will buy them, and if they do buy them, it doesn't mean a profit either. The main reason land areas have the potential to do well on Arkadia is because Arkadia has a very solid business model and growth plan and are keeping at it. The LA's and PP's work hand in hand with each other. I am not saying that Monria's business model is not solid, by all indications I have seen it is VERY solid, but they are not at that point yet where they can start throwing millions of dollars around.

If you truly want a piece of Monria, the best suggestion I can give would be to buy an apartment or a shop and sell out of them. If you have the time to manage it properly that can be profitable for you. Another option would be to do something like Big Industries, or here's an example. You sell low level weapons out of your shop, once a week you take a group out hunting, and part of the profits from those weapon sales gets put into a prize pool for the hunt. You profit, they have a chance to win, everyone's happy right? There are plenty of things one can do to earn here that do not involve land area purchases.

Im not trying to dismiss your intentions but trying to point out that what you are asking at this point would be extremely difficult at best and is not just a; "hey good idea, snap your fingers and poof we have deeds"

Thank you
sluggo

Top Bottom