Might be gone for a few days.

Discussion in 'General Monria Discussions' started by sluggo, Oct 5, 2016.

1. sluggo

sluggo Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius Shop Owner

Howdy everyone. Well we have a major storm barreling down on us, and between me literally living at the power plant (yes the bird is coming with me) and the potential for widespread power out / internet out, I may be gone for a few days or hopefully not weeks. The storm is supposed to skirt florida, georgia and the carolina's are in it's path too probably so with that, it may be more than just me who is 404 for a while.

For those of you who are also in the path of the storm, please, be careful and don't do stupid shit, chthulu needs your PED :) ... seriously though, we don't want to lose any of our community members to this storm for a moments lapse of judgement.

Sluggo

2. sluggo

sluggo Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius Shop Owner

Well, the storm is much larger now than it was and every update has it pushing its way further inland. If it crawls up the coast like it is planned, the damage is going to be massive. It will tear up the length of the seaboard, and unlike say Andrew where it just did a 'shot across the state' it's going to cover many states, and being it's still keeping a foot in the water so to say, won't be losing strength as fast as when one crawls over land. I can easily see damage in the tens of billions of dollars and power out for weeks at a time in some places.

People who may be in the path of this thing, these big ones are no joke, please be safe, evacuate if you can and prepare for several days of 'less than optimal' living conditions. Im going to be in a brick / steel building built to withstand 160 MPH winds and am still worried, I feel sick for those who are in their homes, in flood plains, and in the path of this one. I know people like to be 'tough' and have hurricane parties and such, but actually going through a Cat 4 / Cat 5 storm slaps that stupidity right out of your head. You are playing with your life.

God be with you.

sluggo