Monria Event | The "Crawling Chaos" Steps Out of the Shadows

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I see some understand the power of numbers muhahaha!

Yes, for sure ... was probably influenced by your presence. :p

Was nice to see you at the event, and thanks again for being the protagonist for the lead-in story, it was perfect timing, and worked really well. :thumbsup

Craftmeister

Hi all,

first of all thanks to DME and the Monria team for a great event as ever, kudos :jumpclap

Unfortunately, while browsing through You Tube I came across this video which really upset me. I believe in honest game play and my in game reputation is one i work hard at to reflect that honesty. It is true that as this is a real cash game people will UNETHICALLY bend and utilize game mechanics to win extra prizes at the cost of those playing honestly. Not only has the player in this video done so, but has the cheek to make and post a video on it.

Winning @ Monria April 2020 Event! - Ep 117.5

My personal opinion is that this player should be banned from future events on Monria, as well as his Event absent 'Team Mate'. I know this post will release a storm with many differing opinions, especially regarding rules and game mechanics. But fact is that what was done here was very dishonest and unethical. And short of players either choosing to enter only the team competition (by listing team members at registration) or only the solo competition will probably not be workable, and therefore open to further abuse of game mechanics.

Wishing all honest players Globals, HOFs and ATHs,:thumbsup

Cheers

CM

morey

Hi all,

first of all thanks to DME and the Monria team for a great event as ever, kudos :jumpclap

Unfortunately, while browsing through You Tube I came across this video which really upset me. I believe in honest game play and my in game reputation is one i work hard at to reflect that honesty. It is true that as this is a real cash game people will UNETHICALLY bend and utilize game mechanics to win extra prizes at the cost of those playing honestly. Not only has the player in this video done so, but has the cheek to make and post a video on it.

Winning @ Monria April 2020 Event! - Ep 117.5

My personal opinion is that this player should be banned from future events on Monria, as well as his Event absent 'Team Mate'. I know this post will release a storm with many differing opinions, especially regarding rules and game mechanics. But fact is that what was done here was very dishonest and unethical. And short of players either choosing to enter only the team competition (by listing team members at registration) or only the solo competition will probably not be workable, and therefore open to further abuse of game mechanics.

Wishing all honest players Globals, HOFs and ATHs,:thumbsup

Cheers

CM

Monria Team does a great job, great effort by them on all events I've participated in.

I've followed the rules, no dishonesty, you can see what I did in detail. I will look for opportunities to win when possible while always staying within the boundaries of all event rules. The video was submitted to DME & the monria team during our PM discussing portions where official rules can be interpreted multiple ways.

Anyways, Happy hofs, and congrats winners :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
As event creators, we work hard to make it fair to all no matter what level of skill, and our goal has always been to give everyone an opportunity to win something, which is why we have fine-tuned our events over the years. However, we can't police game mechanics that are not in our control, so we trust our participants to engage in fairness.

Ant and I have been working on a solution that would support our event goals going forward, but based on a new policy that MindArk came out with recently, it solves the current situation. You can see the details of the policy here.

Due to the new MA policy, we will no longer include the following in our events:
  • random global/hof prizes
  • guess the 12, 24 or 48 hour globals/hofs to win a ped prize
  • apartments that require a specific number in a global/hof in order to win them
As a side-note, we are very low on available apartments, and I'm not sure we can give what's left away in any other manner that wouldn't violate the new policy, so this too will probably not be available for events.

However, there have been times in the past where we have given away an apartment to someone who has made continuous and beneficial contributions to the Monria community, and this is something I will discuss with Ant to see if that is still possible, but as mentioned above, we only have a few apartments left.

It is always our hope that participants engage in our events in the spirit in which they are meant, and we are appreciative of those who share time with us and partake in the craziness that can often turn into chaotic fun.

Remember one thing ... on Monria, always "Expect the Unexpected" ... that will never change. :D

Top Bottom