Monria | Events Update

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
For those who haven't caught my messages in Monria chat in the game, we will once again become active with our event planning after Ant returns the end of this week. We have been reconstructing Monria and began with the 3 craters in the recent VU, and as a result of mob changes in stats, levels and HP, as well as the new progressive positioning around the craters, we felt it best to postpone events until after the patch. There are still a few more things that need adjusting, but we should be pretty well set to go soon.

The first event will be our annual Monria Round Robin Tournament that extends over 5 weeks, with the 5th week being the Winners Circle challenge.

For more information about the 2017 event lineup, you can see the information here.

In addition to the main events, we will be hosting field trips for our Monrian Born, no matter what level, but in particular the lower level Monria players in an effort to guide them in beginner missions on other planets. We also get involved in extra activities to make the field trips fun. Our Monria Volunteer Support Team (MVSTs) come along to help support the efforts. Other players are more than welcome to join us for the fun because we always have big mob team hunts to give newbies the experience, but now I'm wondering if the Loot 2.0 might change the dynamics of that. At any rate, our field trips are fun and a new one is in the works.

There will also be periodic fun events in between, and @Dylan | Arkadia and I will soon start planning our first collaborative event for Monria and Arkadia, so stay tuned for information about that when it's available.

We are continuing with our reconstruction of Monria and are not finished with the craters yet, but when we are, we will then begin reconstruction on the caves and Shub cavern. At that point, there may be a delay with any Shub-related events until the changes are implemented in a VU and following patch(s). We will definitely keep you informed of the ongoing work as much as possible.

We are really looking forward to testing out our events with the new changes. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
As an update ... Ant and I were finally able to have a discussion regarding our events, as well as ongoing development that may have an effect on the dynamics of such. It was decided that it would be best to delay our main events at this time until we are able to implement the reconstruction of the caves and Shub cavern so that we have the ability to implement the same variables across the board for both the craters and the caves/Shub cavern.

Therefore, it will probably be sometime after August when we might be in a position to consider event planning again, but it all depends on when the next phase of development can be completed and implemented. We will keep you updated.

This will also have an effect on when @Dylan | Arkadia and I will be able to begin our coordinated efforts to create our first event that involves both Monria and Arkadia. I will keep you updated on this as well, and let you know when we get close to collaborating on our first event.

In the meantime ... we will continue with field trips to other planets for our Monrian Born and MVSTs who help to guide them through beginner missions, but also for those who would like to join us for the fun because we get involved in team hunting of big mobs on the planets we visit. We also like to help our Monrian Borns capture additional TPs, and we give consideration to those who own LAs where we might drop in for a bit of spreading the Moon love to make a contribution.

We will also start forming some team hunting on Monria with the Shoggs and Yogs for some fun, but I will also be doing some random activities that could be categorized as the "Expect the Unexpected" moments. :D

As a side-note ... Ant will continue with the development plans with MA, as well as continue working on our new website. This downtime with event planning will also give me an opportunity to catch up with the Monria storyline books and get those into print. Each Volume will help to connect the dots with regard to what the current governing body is going through, and the discovery of the journal entries in the ancient file cabinet that reveals the great exodus of the Cultists from Earth to the Moon, as well as the beginning history of Monria and beyond. There is plenty to be discovered, and the ongoing Cthulhu theme will come to light and unfold at a pace to help you understand the content, as well as be able to connect the dots between who's who and what it all means. What you might understand now, may not be what you understand later.

I will make an effort to also do another Progress Update with where we're at as a community.

Thanks for hanging in with us, it's greatly appreciated. :)

HaKuRa

Therefore, it will probably be sometime after August when we might be in a position to consider event planning again, but it all depends on when the next phase of development can be completed and implemented. We will keep you updated.

Hey, looking forward to announcement regarding events, had really great time on Monria at all the events i attended, and hope to can participate in other ones asap :)

Gunner

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
I think an Arkadia/Monria collaboration has a huge amount of potential. I am definitely looking forward to it. As always, thank you for your hard work and planning. We don't say it often, but it is appreciated.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thank you Gunner, and right after we finish with the reconstruction of the caves and Shub Cavern, we will get busy with our main events again, and that should be pretty consistent.

This next Saturday is my 12 hr random global giveaway event with a prize given away every half hour, but I may have extra things going on as well. I will post the event thread sometime on Monday.

This past weekend was awesome, and all of you were amazing as always, but I too have to give a HUGE thank you to Noz for being our team leader and keeping us all together and consistent.

I want to send out major love to Lars and Coach from the Calypso Rescue Team (CRT) for joining us and for providing the wormholes. They made the experience that much more fun. CRT and I go way back, and Lars used to do wormholes for some of my events back in the day, so it was a rather special moment for me. And BTW ... Lars contacted me and offered to do the wormholes for us, so that makes it even more special.

I love this community. There's lots more fun to come. :D

Top Bottom