Monria Music - Potential New Streams

Discussion in 'General Monria Discussions' started by DarkMoonEnigma, Dec 3, 2015.

1. sluggo

sluggo Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius Shop Owner

Other folks might like that kind of thing. One mans music is another man's headache :)
    To be honest I don't typically listen to streamed music anyways in the game, ill put my own stuff on if I want to hear music so anything works for me.

sluggo

2. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Community Manager Monria Media Team MCAT Team Member

What kind of thing were you referring to exactly?

3. sluggo

Someone was complaining that they did not like the music and it sounded like noise. I suggested that other folks might actually like that type of music track when playing a game. That one person's 'dislike' in music is the keep me going beat for another person.

I then followed that I really don't go for the 'canned' music of any game really, the beat may be cool at first but after hearing the same thing hours and hours, it gets old and that if I want to listen to music, I just listen to whatever music I want or feel like at the moment.

The music linked, to me at least, sounds too World of Warcrafty. I am not saying it's bad music, there is some talent in there but just not what I would want to listen to for hours on end.

sluggo

4. Crazyshadow

Crazyshadow Monria Trader & Crafter

For me, as a fan of metal/hardcore I have 2 favorite to add that fit Monria theme.

#1 - Metallica - Call of Ktulu as DarkMoon posted, it fit perfectly the theme!

#2 - Children of Bodom - Bed of Razors :

#3 - Children of Bodom - Hate me!

5. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Community Manager Monria Media Team MCAT Team Member

Dear Shadow (R.Tremblay), you are definitely metal hardcore. :eek:

I enjoy all kinds of music including metal, but I'm afraid I would have to shut down the audio with that offering, LOL. My ears would bleed, and we can't have any of that or I won't hear the boss's requests. :p

Music is so personal, but I think we'll be able to find a happy medium along the way, in addition to some special things that Anhithe had ideas about. :D

6. toecutter

toecutter Well-Known Member

This score from Sinister has been haunting me for ages so just need to post it somewhere, with hopes of getting it out of my system & then I found this fine gem of a thread! Enjoy! :D

7. Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde Moon Manager Staff Member Moderator Monria Media Team

Great track, not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight though....

DarkMoonEnigma and toecutter like this.
  8. toecutter

...goin down them Monria caves just got alot more scarier now, didn't it! :p

9. E8ty2nd

E8ty2nd RedWizardHat.com Shop Owner

I am a HUGE Led Zepplin fan however, I think Tool nailed this version for Monria.

DarkMoonEnigma, toecutter and Kendra like this.
  10. toecutter

I wouldn´t say I´m a huge fan of Marilyn Manson, but I do love the score he did for Resident Evil & particular the opening themesong...

...fits kinda neatly whilst travelling through them caves systems, you guys have on this amazing rock! :)

Sholle Von Cartiz likes this.
  11. DarkMoonEnigma

<--- big Led Zepplin fan too, and I have to agree that Tool did a great job with that track. It's invading and eerie enough to fit the Cthulhu theme for sure. I'm listening to it now and can't get enough, it's awesome. Nice length too. :D

@TC --- that Sinister score is definitely creepy enough and short enough to add to the beginning of a playlist leading Monria participants into the dark energy of the Moon, and especially the caves and Shub cavern.

The Marilyn Manson Resident Evil track is giving me the feeling there's a group of boogymen following behind me just waiting for me to slip up, LOL. This one would definitely keep me awake at night, but also fits the theme. The one thing I don't like about it though is the repetitive background without variation, that can grade on your nerves, but maybe that's the idea. :p

I really like the way this music list is advancing, this is awesome. :happy

12. DarkMoonEnigma

I finally got a reply from Adrian von Ziegler at my FB page with regard to us having permission to use his music in one of our streams. I gave the link to his YouTube channel that has tons of his original compositions, and I think there are quite a few tracks that would fit our Cthulhu theme.

Here is the reply I got:

=================================
    • Today
    [​IMG]
    11:07am

Adrian von Ziegler
    First of all I have to apologize because this is a kind-of automated response message I had to create because I get so many messages every day that replying to everyone would be simply impossible.^^ So this message here concerns the usage rights for my music and whether or not I'm available to make songs on request.

USAGE: If your project (any project at all, movie, photography, websites, live shows etc.) is non-commercial, which means it doesn't earn you any money, then you can use my music for free. Only given credits are necessary, that's the only condition. Credits would be totally fine as a small text in the movie, website etc. written "Music by Adrian von Ziegler". In live shows and other projects where including a text would be difficult, an oral mention would suffice as well. smile emoticon On YouTube and twitch you can also use my music for free even if you monetize your videos by the way! ANY school projects have automatic free permission to use my music, no license payment is required.

If the project is commercial, meaning it makes money in any way (except YouTube and twitch, see above), you would have to buy a license for the music you want to use. The license payment would be small in almost all cases except for big budget productions. It would be a one-time payment, so you can use the music you bought forever in that project. It does not give you any rights over the music however, so remixing the music, re-selling it etc. is not allowed. Giving credits is also necessary in commercial projects.

Remixing, sampling and other forms of altering the original song into a new piece of music is also generally not allowed unless the remix is 100% non-commercial and labelled with the original title and author of the song (me). Adding bird noises, nature sounds or similar things are allowed. Nightcore alterations are also allowed while non-commercial and labelled with original title and author (Google "Nightcore" in case of confusion).

So if your project is non-commercial or a YouTube project, just give credits and there is nothing holding you back from using my songs. ANY song you want. smile emoticon If it's commercial stuff just write me a personal message or an email at adrianvonziegler@gmx.ch and inform me about the scale and details of the project and we'll make a deal.

REQUESTED MUSIC: I generally do not accept offers to make songs on request or to write music for movies, games etc. One reason is that I can't handle it time-wise but even if I had the necessary time I would still stay away from it because I - quite honestly - don't really like to do it.^^ I basically make music to express whatever topic moves me, randomly. I tried it a few times but I have the best creativity and feel the most freedom and happiness when I do that completely alone and without being “employed” by someone. I hope that’s understandable.^^

Important: I do not allow my music to be used in any project that has a clear political, racist or discriminatory message. By that I mean anything that goes from direct political, racist or discriminatory videos or underlining speeches with my music, onto remixing my melodies into a song that has lyrics with clear political, racist or discriminatory message and similar things that clearly promote these things.

I hope you're having an awesome day, and thanks a lot for being interested in my music! smile emoticon​

===================================

His music is varied and not just one flavor, so there's a lot to choose from. Maybe if you have a moment or two you might cruise through what he's offering and see if something grabs you that you think might fit our theme.

Here's a short one that feels like a Cthulhu death in the mist sort of eerie sound that could scare the crap out of you if we added some other sound effects <--- oh, did I say that outloud. :D

13. Sholle Von Cartiz

Sholle Von Cartiz Well-Known Member

good! he replayed to your message :) so u have green light now DME in case Monria Team decide to use some of his tracks? :)

DarkMoonEnigma likes this.
  14. sluggo

It looked like he said you would have to buy a license for a reasonable price to use it since Monria technically falls under the category of 'money making venture'

sluggo

15. DarkMoonEnigma

I don't think so, because the music stream does not earn us money, and is not commercial. If we use his music for a stream, then we would definitely follow his request that we mention "Music by Adrian von Ziegler" - so I think we'll be just fine. I also intend to use his music in my future videos, and will add a credit page at the end.

When I initially wrote the private message to him, I introduced myself and told him a bit about what we do here so that he was aware, as well as what we proposed to do with his music if he approved.

Based on his response, and the details he shared, I would say we have his blessing.

16. sluggo

Maybe I am splitting hairs. I just get that way sometimes, always looking to not make dumb or not knowing mistakes.
    The music stream is not making money, but it is for the moon, which is making money. Indirectly it sort of is for making money. Perhaps im being petty I don't know, but don't want to accidentally get someone in a kerfluffle over a sound track and a misunderstanding.

sluggo

17. DarkMoonEnigma

It's all good Sluggo. The music stream is in no way tied into the mechanics of creating revenue. People come to Monria for the hunting, mining, crafting, etc., and not for the music streams. The music streams are just a sound benefit with an option to turn off if someone doesn't like the music. There's no mechanic where it's a direct motivator for creating revenue.

It's sorted, so you don't have to worry about it. ;)

18. sluggo

That works, just didn't want anyone to get into trouble. 'That' is a touchy subject with copyrights etc lately.

sluggo

19. DarkMoonEnigma

Yes my dear, we know that, and Ant has all of that under control.

You've trusted us this far, now go fill up your shop with goodies so Kendra can go shopping. :p

sidekick069 likes this.
  20. toecutter

I must say I interpret this exactly like Sluggo does, but I reckon you guys know what your doing! ;) anyways, the music this Adrian von Ziegler has already made (he doesn´t seem so keen on making new music on demand but rather when he´s in the mood), will fit perfectly me thinks! :D

DarkMoonEnigma likes this.