New Forum Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Hey guys,

Due to the recent incident where google reported the website/forum as a 'deceptive site', I put the forum in to maintenance mode while I investigated. I've run a number of malware scans that have all come back negative including googles own safe browsing check. To be on the safe side and due to issues I already had with the hosting provider (performance during backups) I've spent last night and this morning moving to a new dedicated server that I control. In short I've:
  • Set up a new dedicated server with a different host provider
  • re-installed the forum software
  • migrated data from the old forum
  • decommissioned the original Monria Marketing website (I am currently working on the new website that will replace it)
  • Added a backup process that won't impact performance
  • Performed a number of performance tweaks and implemented security measures
This is something I have been working on in the background already as I wanted a more performant and SEO friendly website and forum for Monria that I have better control over. The name servers and DNS settings are currently propagating so it may take a while before all traffic is directed to the new server.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Ant

p.s

you'll also notice a countdown replacing the main monria website as I've given myself a two month deadline to get this complete.....

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
OMG ... this is FANTASTIC news Ant ... and I already had to fasten my seatbelt because of the new speed. :p

This means no more disruptions during my prime time work period at night and not being able to access the forum. You can imagine just about how happy I am right now. :D

Thank you VERY much for taking the time to sort all of this out, it's majorly appreciated. :jumpclap

This deserves a :purpleheart and a :highfive

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
And another OMG ... I just discovered that I can upload multiple photos at once again instead of just one at a time. :wavinghands

I can't stand so much excitement in one day ... a new forum server, a new Moon baby, what's next? :D

Oh, AND ... everything is WAY more speedy and instant at the forum ... I'm over the Moon right now and happy. :rockinmoon

hans

Site responsiveness is immensely improved, thanks Ant. :toast

I had two incidents earlier in the week on separate days where I ended up on some advertising site from my Monria forum bookmark. The unwanted site was not open long enough to really see what it was trying to flog, looked like some training / education.
The behaviour did not repeat immediately afterwards. I expect that would earn you a deceptive site rating.
It hinted at URL rewriting on or before hitting the server or someone messing with DNS.
Unfortunately I was fairly busy at the time and did not go into paranoid mode where I also dump logs and record the incident time etc so sadly cannot say anything useful about it. :duh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom