Newtons Third Law | Update 2

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
I'm not much of a scientist but Newtons third law states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, the spiritual equivalent is coined Karma (and observed much earlier in time). At this time of year we give presents and share goodwill, not for any self serving purpose (for most of us) but we will often receive much more in return. Why do I bring this up? Partly because I am a bit random like that and partly to show the spirit in which myself and DM are entering into this journey. So we are working on plans to give back to the community and likewise we would like the community to do the same. I've been around EU for a while and a lot of what is best is always created from within the community and we want to encourage this going forward.

So here's the deal, we have decided on an initiative to be led by Dark Moon Enigma where we will start a grassroots marketing campaign and I will contribute a portion of future profits generated from this activity to DM's fun fund or whatever name she chooses. As the player base from these efforts grows, as the players play more and as the income increases so will my contributions to this fund. We will create a landing page, we will do a news letter campaign and we will showcase community talent through these mediums. Any new sign ups generated will directly influence the size of the fund, meaning more prizes, more funded community initiative/events or whatever else comes down the line.

How can you help?

This is all being worked out but if you have a RL talent then use it for the good of the community, you might even have aspirations to be a streamer, stream from Monria - provide a back link to the 'community' page or pages. Like posts, share tweets, create graphics, like youtube videos, change signatures on other forums, tell your friends or mentor new players so they stay around more. Basically anything that promotes Monria, helps the community or gives us something to shout about!

We are starting from zero but I will donate some apartments as prizes/incentives to start us off and hopefully get some great content. The logistics of this will involve me tracking new sign ups through specific pages so that the efforts can be directly attributed.

I will also continue outside of this to work on PR, paid marketing campaigns and improving our marketing distribution channels which will enable us to share the above content as widely as possible and find like minded people to join us on this Moon.

Outside of this:
  • Development plan - in progress based on feedback from Monrians
  • Technical stuff - implementing some tools to support marketing, SEO and tracking
  • Marketing - We're getting a steady flow of people to the signup just don't know how many make it to our Moon but if we can keep this up I'm sure some will :)
  • Community - This is DMs baby and she is running with it, she is filtering information to me and making sure that we have a line of communication as my time is limited and getting less so!
So if anyone wants to get involved with the grass roots marketing campaign in any way please reach out to
Dark Moon Enigma who probably woke up to find I've gone ahead and announced it already :p

That's all folks,
Ant

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Yes, I woke up to an email the length of a Shoggoth's tentacle, but what a welcome surprise, which basically all of Anhithe's emails are, so on these mornings it's just like Christmas. Did I mention that this was my dream job. :D

I'm very excited about all of our community initiatives, and while this is just the beginning, there is much in store that will evolve over time. We jumped the rails (intentionally) right out the gate to forge our own path with how we want to see Monria grow, and I'm enjoying the process with those who are already on board with us to make this happen.

I wish we could make it all just magically appear, but that's the beauty of it, time allows the creativity process to gather up those whose contributions make the effort so much more valuable and meaningful. We want to engage and involve the community in our ideas, even the crazy ones, because it delivers more of a sense of satisfaction that everyone is a part of the end result. We want those results as soon as we can deliver them, but some efforts are best slow-baked, because the combination of seasonings (Monrians) is so good that it needs to be savored before the big unveil. :D

I am still digesting all of this, but will formulate a plan to begin initiating more activity, not only working with those I have engaged in community activity behind the scenes already, but rip others out of the craters and caves to join us in this effort. Rip is a Cthulhu-based action, right? :p

I'm looking forward to this magnificent ride aboard Monria's Flight in Space. :happy

Venture Bros

Permanently Banned
I am actually pretty good at making splash pages and graphics, so long as I am told what to do. I have been doing affiliate marketing for years. I'd be glad to help out.

Crazyshadow

Monria Trader & Crafter
I don't have much experience into marketing but I can certainly change signature on other forum to one linked to Monria and Ill continue to invite friends/Soc and people to visit Monria.

Anhithe said an interesting point here, Streaming! I will look into it. Do you think big amp'd mining on Monria could be an interesting stream?

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
I think big amp would be interesting. Until you hit big, then id be both happy for you, and pissed because it wasn't me hehe. Might can even put it up on you tube as well.

Ive ran Lv 8's before, never find anything when Im amped here :x

sluggo

BJ4RN3

I can record stuff and just trow it on YouTube, and the part with 'streaming' can easly be done i just can't stream me looking for fruit and stones :D

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
I don't have much experience into marketing but I can certainly change signature on other forum to one linked to Monria and Ill continue to invite friends/Soc and people to visit Monria.

Anhithe said an interesting point here, Streaming! I will look into it. Do you think big amp'd mining on Monria could be an interesting stream?

If nothing else, I'd watch, I suspect you are doing something different than you do in the other indoor mining areas, either that or I'm about to get really famous soon......

Top Bottom