Ok... Hello then.

Dreambody

I'm french so, sorry if don't express myself in a decent enough fashion.

I recently joined Entropia. When signing in I thought the procedure would ask me on wich planet I wanted to start but it didn't... Instead I rezzed on Calypso. It wasn't that bad. The tutorial was ok, the quests not so hard, I wasn't in need of any ressource and, pretty quiclky I was given the possibility to move to Monria.

So I took up questing here too but sadly I got stuck pretty fast : having to build a Monrian power thing I was given only 3 tries. I failed them all and now I can't get any more ressources to try again. Worse, I wasted all the ammo I was gifted on Calypso questing here so... I thought I'd get a free trip to Arkadia.

That's why I'm now typing all this crap. I find painful enough to be asked to register on this forum to get a free ticket to Arkadia. Now I'll have to find where I have to ask for it... If that's how it's on Entropia I guess I'll quit because you know, there are enough free games out there to bother... So that was my story so far, I guess it can help... or not.

By the way, I find those Shoggoths awesomely weak compared to the difference of size.

Take care people.

Luckycharm

Hi and welcome to monria!

This game is sort of free. But does not have to be. People often join because of the Real Cash Economy.
Getting new resources for your monrian power thing or ammo is easily possible by earning them.
An easy way to make small money, but boring and time consuming is by sweating. With the money earned from that you can proceed if needed. I think there are also free starter kits obtainable under certain conditions from monria staff or some kind of mentor group, I'm not sure which actually ;p

Gally

Spawn

This is not a free game. You either invest money or time in it. You clearly do not have what it takes to play it. Go play the free games.

Harsh words? Truth hurts sometimes.
I started playing in 2004. I started with nothing. There were no free gifts. No vehicles. Not even fruit or Stones or vse mk1. I played the game for a year before I deposited some money.

You get a lot for free and you complain that you're out of resources.

Last edited:

New York Rose

Hello there,
I was going to say same thing Gally..(You should have or should get) a mentor or your society members to help you along with missions/planets/starter things to encourage you to enjoy your time anywhere in the game. Lack of knowledge in this game can be costly.

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
First, I removed the poll asking whether the forum community "liked or hated" what you wrote because it wasn't necessary. The members of the forum will post their comments accordingly.

Second, I have the following comments and questions.

Comments:

• if you have a Monria shirt, then you are Monrian-born, because it's the only way to get one
  • the initial new player training for Monria takes place on Calypso because Monria is not a planet
  • once that training is completed, you are transported to Monria
  • to be a Monrian-born, you either had to sign up through our website, or make the choice
  • -----> it doesn't automatically happen
  • -----> we have found only once where someone "wanted" to be Monrian-born
  • -----> but the system glitched and they ended up Caly-born, not the other way around
  • the Monrian in-game community is very helpful, and I have no doubt would have assisted you
  • the Monria Community Advisers and Monria Mentors check all chat channels to make a connection
  • -----> especially when they see a new player in a Monrian-born shirt
  • French or otherwise, your English is fine for any of them to understand you
  • with regard to signing up at the forum for the free travel service, that's a requirement of the program
  • -----> names have to be posted in order for the Monria Fleet Manager to get them for the guest list
  • Monria has established Community Initiative Programs (CIP) that come with benefits to our community
  • -----> as such, there are requirements and/or restrictions
Questions:
  • what was your intent to begin with when you wanted to join Entropia Universe
  • as a brand new player, how do you know you want to go to Arkadia and not back to Calypso
  • did a Monria Community Adviser or Monria Mentor instruct you to come to the forum to sign up for free travel
  • -----> if so, they would have directed you to the correct thread with a link instead of where you initially posted
  • -----> they also would have given you a Monria New Player Starter Kit and assisted you with your experiences
  • why did you not request members of the community to assist you if you were having difficulties
After your responses, we'll go from there.

Thank you.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
This is not a free game. You either invest money or time in it. You clearly do not have what it takes to play it. Go play the free games.

Harsh words? Truth hurts sometimes.
I started playing in 2004. I started with nothing. There were no free gifts. No vehicles. Not even fruit or Stones or vse mk1. I played the game for a year before I deposited some money.

You get a lot for free and you complain that you're out of resources.

Appreciate the advice given, but we are not of the mindset to send new players away without understanding what the challenges are, as well as how we can help. Monria's community programs are different than elsewhere, and a new player on Monria has additional benefits and advantages to help them with their experiences.

Dreambody

First, I removed the poll asking whether the forum community "liked or hated" what you wrote because it wasn't necessary.

Ok, I just thought fun to have one but it doesn't matter really.
Second, I have the following comments and questions.

Comments:
  • if you have a Monria shirt, then you are Monrian-born, because it's the only way to get one
  • the initial new player training for Monria takes place on Calypso because Monria is not a planet
  • once that training is completed, you are transported to Monria
  • to be a Monrian-born, you either had to sign up through our website, or make the choice
  • -----> it doesn't automatically happen
  • -----> we have found only once where someone "wanted" to be Monrian-born
  • -----> but the system glitched and they ended up Caly-born, not the other way around
Well, fact is : I have the shirt in my inventory even thought I never acknowledgely chose to be born on Monria. Upon registration for Entropia I was waiting to choose Arkadia and poof, I'm in a place where Non-Player Characters tell me my ship was destroyed and that my escape pod landed on Calypso...
  • the Monrian in-game community is very helpful, and I have no doubt would have assisted you
  • the Monria Community Advisers and Monria Mentors check all chat channels to make a connection
  • -----> especially when they see a new player in a Monrian-born shirt
Actually I started with a survival suit. When I was given the Monrian shirt on Calypso it overlaped the uper part of my suit. I played the whole par on Calypso dressed so. Shortly after arriving on Monria I took off the shirt. From that time on I can't wear both clothes at the same time. Either I wear my black and yellow survival suit OR my Monrian shirt and show an underwear on my lower body... That's why I don't wear it anymore.
  • with regard to signing up at the forum for the free travel service, that's a requirement of the program
  • -----> names have to be posted in order for the Monria Fleet Manager to get them for the guest list
  • Monria has established Community Initiative Programs (CIP) that come with benefits to our community
  • -----> as such, there are requirements and/or restrictions
Well I guess I'm not very communicative and like to be able to do what I want without having to do this or that.
Questions:
  • what was your intent to begin with when you wanted to join Entropia Universe
I arrived here after seeing and add for the game. I just came to see the thing.
  • as a brand new player, how do you know you want to go to Arkadia and not back to Calypso
Loading Entropia takes a long time. The page said I'd have to choose a planet so, in the meanwhile, I went on the wiki to learn more about the planets and thought Arkadia would be my choice... But then I arrived on Calypso. How ? I don't know.
  • did a Monria Community Adviser or Monria Mentor instruct you to come to the forum to sign up for free travel
  • -----> if so, they would have directed you to the correct thread with a link instead of where you initially posted
  • -----> they also would have given you a Monria New Player Starter Kit and assisted you with your experiences
  • why did you not request members of the community to assist you if you were having difficulties
No, I saw a sign in game saying so and some sweating player confirmed me that.
I tend to try to find my way on my own instead of asking people where to go.
I "played" Second Life quite a while and did pretty fine like that. I wanted to see if Entropia was better. I don't think so at this time wich I find strange since Second Life is way older.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thank you for your response, it appears that you may be one of those players who like to figure things out on their own, but in as many MMO's that I have played (Second Life not being one of them), I found that learning curves are different, and to lessen any frustration with trying to figure things out, it's best to ask for help.

I think that's what makes part of a gaming environment more fun and engaging, getting to know the people, especially if you should join a society, clan or guild.

Entropia Universe is unlike any other game, especially being a real cash economy, with quite a learning curve, so it's not easily understood right out the gate, which is why engaging the community is quite helpful in finding your way.

I guess my next question is, what is it you would like to do? It seems that in just a brief moment of being introduced to Entropia Universe, you're ready to step away from it. Will you not give it a try and quit the game, or are you still interested in moving on to Arkadia?

I'll wait for your next response and we can move on from there.

Maximus Cashicus

Hi Dreambody, welcome to Entropia and Monria. I played second life for about 2 days and hated it, I started playing EU because my girlfriend had started a couple of months before me. I believe this was key to me still being here, she was my unofficial mentor until I got one. Having somebody there to ask questions or advice is probably the most important thing in starting out. That is why I would suggest as the very next thing you do, would be to get one. Also I would suggest getting an official Monria one as they are already vetted and are superb.

If u do decide along those lines, it will not mean u are tied to Monria, it will just give you the start you need in the game.

Best of luck in whatever you decide,
Max Cash.

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Hey Dreambody :)

I understand your confusion with this Game! I was really confused at the start but my husband played and he helped me to find my way, He too was helped by people he met along the way when he started.

Monria is only a small part of entropia. it is a good starting point and the community here are very approachable and ready to help. And in this game it is best at the start to use all the help you can get :/

But you have come to the right place and DME is a fantastic community manager who knows exactly what it is like to start a new game and have to go through a steep learning curve very quickly.

My suggestion is to follow Max's advice and get yourself an Official Monrian Mentor, here is a list

Monria Mentors

• Angel of Shadows / EU -4:00 Canada
  • Arcyon De Elandhill / EU -4:00 Canada
  • Don Crazyshadow Hunterz / EU -4:00 Canada
  • Jerry KrazySmitty Smith / EU -4:00 US
  • John Deathsfear Reanar / EU -5:00 US
  • Kamiya Okamisama Tenchou / EU -5:00 US
  • Mass E8ty2nd Tac / EU -7:00 US
  • sidekick069 / EU -4:00 US
  • Sluggo Miner69er Fisthammer / EU - 4:00 US
  • StarDrifter / EU +10 Australia

These guys are very helpful and will give you as little or as much help as you need, so don't feel that you need to enter in to a commitment They are there only to help you when you need/want it.

I see that you have already signed up for the free flight program which you can avail of every Friday and Sunday at 8PM Mindark time.

This way you can try out Arkadia and Calypso and come back to Monria any time you like :) or not if you prefer ;)

The last thing I would like to say to you is give it a chance you may look back and say it was worth the effort

Kind regard Kendra

PS Thank you for being so honest in your Post. This keeps us all in touch with the new player experience and the frustrations that you face.

Dreambody

I guess my next question is, what is it you would like to do?

Very good question. So far I picked little information to answer that. From memory : one can be a hunter, a miner, a crafter... I forgot the rest but I'm sure there are plenty of other things to do. The question(s) I need to have answered to choose something is : What doing this or that involves ? How much time does it take ? How much learning does it require ? etc. So far the only thing I can say is what I like best is the graphic part of things : judge the look of things, watch the scenery and so on... that's a bit why I prefer Arkadia : a green world is more relaxing than a dark one where you loose your trail to go back while plenty of shoggoths jump on you (even thought they can't do much damage to a good runner).

It seems that in just a brief moment of being introduced to Entropia Universe, you're ready to step away from it. Will you not give it a try and quit the game, or are you still interested in moving on to Arkadia?
Well I find on internet a lot more things to do than I have time to do them. So yeah I tend to zap things easily... But I'm still interested on visiting Arkadia. I have no idea how to travel there though : I signed up for a free ticket but do I need to be ingame at a precise time and place ? I Dunno. :)

Maximus Cashicus

I started this game thinking I would like to be a trader, hence my name in the pseudo Latin style of Wyle-E-Coyote, Maximus Cashicus Profitus, but realised it wasn't for me.

Hunting is probably the easiest one to start with. Mining can take a little more learning and crafting can be expensive, for crafting you should definitely get advice. Really though it is just trying out different things and seeing what you like doing.

Yes the warp flights are scheduled at specific times on Friday and Sunday

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
The scheduled flight to Arkadia is 8pm tonight game time. If you are on you will be summoned to the Yamoto. Accept the summons and you will beam up onto the ship make sure you have no stackable items those are things you would have looted or mined everything else is fine.

Planet Toulon is also a very pretty planet if you're into Scenery but it is quiet so we don't fly there at the moment as Arkadia and Calypso are the busiest.
Also Next island is an Ancient Greek theme to it which is nice I only went once and stayed for about a week and I found it very dead

talk to people in game and they will tell you where the nicest place to go in game are :)

Dreambody

Hi Dreambody, welcome to Entropia and Monria. I played second life for about 2 days and hated it
I stayed in Second Life a lot longer. It's pretty easy to create something there and at the same time pretty complex to do something appreciable because of the competition with other people. It's creative part made me wonder quite a bit on the applications this world can give in real life (have like an internet site but in 3D and interactive ? etc.) I even earned 100 USD in Second Life. Of course it's peanuts compared to the time it took me but still, it can be a playful start for students too for example. So I still believe it's interesting and who knows if I'll not go back there someday ?

, I started playing EU because my girlfriend had started a couple of months before me. I believe this was key to me still being here, she was my unofficial mentor until I got one. Having somebody there to ask questions or advice is probably the most important thing in starting out. That is why I would suggest as the very next thing you do, would be to get one. Also I would suggest getting an official Monria one as they are already vetted and are superb.

If u do decide along those lines, it will not mean u are tied to Monria, it will just give you the start you need in the game.

Best of luck in whatever you decide,
Max Cash.
Thanks for the advices and wishes. ;)

Dreambody

Thanks Kendra for all your replies : you post faster than me so I wont copy all you text by "Reply"ing but I take all your advices and answers too. Another question comes to me though : what is Entropia time ? Was same in Second Life... I wonder why everybody wants to have their own time reference, in Europe we all thought that was answered with "UTC".
As for a mentor, I guess it depends on his/her ingame time. I understand that's why you wrote their time channels but then I'm not sure what time in France it would be when they're online. Anyway, thanks again. ;)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I'm still interested on visiting Arkadia. I have no idea how to travel there though : I signed up for a free ticket but do I need to be ingame at a precise time and place ? I Dunno. :)

I will get in the game right now as the Monria Fleet Manager and send you a friend request. Once you accept that, I will be able to add you to the guest list of the Yamato, Monria's Mothership. You can find the friend request if you click on the small tab that comes out from the upper left of your screen.

Since you are Monrian-born, you are eligible for the free-travel program. However, when you board the ship, you must wear your Monrian-born shirt to prove you are Monrian-born and get the free travel.

Our free travel program runs on Fridays and Sundays. We leave Monria at 20:00 EU time and go to Arkadia first where you can leave the ship and go to the planet. If you don't have the 7 ped to TP down to the planet, then we could do a low orbit planet stop and maybe someone would be kind enough to give you a lift to the planet with their personal ship.

Catch up with you later.

Dreambody

I will get in the game right now as the Monria Fleet Manager and send you a friend request. Once you accept that, I will be able to add you to the guest list of the Yamato, Monria's Mothership. You can find the friend request if you click on the small tab that comes out from the upper left of your screen.

Since you are Monrian-born, you are eligible for the free-travel program. However, when you board the ship, you must wear your Monrian-born shirt to prove you are Monrian-born and get the free travel.

Our free travel program runs on Fridays and Sundays. We leave Monria at 20:00 EU time and go to Arkadia first where you can leave the ship and go to the planet. If you don't have the 7 ped to TP down to the planet, then we could do a low orbit planet stop and maybe someone would be kind enough to give you a lift to the planet with their personal ship.

Catch up with you later.
Friend request accepted. Shirt put on. I don't know where's the ship to be found though. I'll log in like 30 minutes before 20:00 EU. I have exactly 0.01 Ped so I'll have to free fall to the planet I guess. Sounds doable what d'ja say ? :D

Top Bottom