Should guest list access be in-game only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stare

As it stands, anyone that wants to travel on the Yamato must do the following:
- Leave the game
- Find these forums
- Create an account
- Find the proper thread to make the request
- Read the list of required information
- Post a request to be added to the guest list
- Wait around for acknowledgement of request
- Go back in-game and wait around for friend request from MFM

All this is just silly, takes way too much time, and discourages players from traveling on the Yamato. There needs to be a way to get on the GL in-game only on short notice. If someone wants VIP or TKoE access, then let them go through the above procedure. Everyone else is assumed to be a paying passenger. One less list to manage!

It would work as follows:
- Get MFM's link from another player
- Send MFM a PM requesting addition to the guest list
- MFM sends friend request to player
- Player accepts friend request from MFM
- MFM adds player to Yamato GL
- Player pays the travel fee when arriving on the Yamato

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
We are the only ones who offer a free travel benefit to our Monrian Born, Shop Owners, Apartment Owners, the TKoE society because they are the Yamato's official crew, and a few who were grandfathered in from previous teams, and the procedures we have in place are for our own record keeping so that we know who flies free and who has to pay. A list is kept at the forum specifically for our pilots so they have this information.

We do things differently on the Moon. :)

Leodolfr Leon Stronghorse

There is also a side of this, that the way it is done now actually helps the pilots find the paying passengers much faster. If we removed all the lists, then MFM would be out of a job :D

It is also much easier for MFM and the pilots to have the sign ups done ahead of time, this is why some other ships are 1 hour at each planet, while we do 30 minutes.

Always good to hear other thoughts :D

The Stare

Yes, everything is done different on Monria ;) You're forcing potential passengers to leave the game to sign up here. I have several friends that won't be traveling on the Yamato for just this reason.

The only list not needed is the paying passenger list. If you not a VIP or TKoE then you pay. Why maintain a separate list that is just going to get bigger and bigger as time goes on?

Just making an obvious observation :)

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Yes, everything is done different on Monria ;) You're forcing potential passengers to leave the game to sign up here. I have several friends that won't be traveling on the Yamato for just this reason.

The only list not needed is the paying passenger list. If you not a VIP or TKoE then you pay. Why maintain a separate list that is just going to get bigger and bigger as time goes on?

Just making an obvious observation :)

Hey :)

Part of the reason is so that I can track who is on the guest list, I used to have a fairly open guest list before Monria and you don't always end up with people you want on the list! Also it's a real pain copying link by link in and out of game to administer and there is a max number on the list so at some point you need to move people off the list to add someone and the in game system is a real pain for this, you end up losing people. Also if I for any reason transfer the deed you need to recompile all the list which I've had to do previously.

Besides I want people to sign up at the forum and it's a good incentive to do so. :)

Think of it this way from my point of view, I know very easily who is on the guest list and all this information I use to best protect us from scammers, alts and other kinds of abuse. I also don't want to rely on MFM having to copy avatar names into the forum and have a lot of admin on the side of the crew whilst running flight schedules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom