So here's the problem from my perspective...what would you do?

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Hi. I have tried to talk to several veteran players privately before going the route of the forum since this is a somewhat negative issue. Apologies for those you don't like to deal with questionable issue of concern.

Ok. Base line facts. I'm a 7 month player who has aggressively pursued mining the Entropia game. I started on Monria as a new Monrian with mining and then shortly switched to Caly til my mining skills were higher since I got limited results with a TT finder on Monria with no skills at that time.

Now, at this point, I am a level 15 prospector, lvl 15 surveyor and a lvl 14 miner who prefers indoor vs outdoor mining. I use a f105 finder with the 1st 4 tiers opened with mining amps (one skill ,one range and 2 depth). Occasionally, when ped allows, I use a finders light in addition.

Now, up to Nov 1st, with the f105 finder and current skills, I usually get 15 claims per 1500 probes give or take a good vs bad day. Those claims have been 80% of the time medium size and up. Occasionally, I got some small but that was rare.

Here is the problem that happened recently. I started to use the Little Big Mining Log since August. Around Nov 1st, this program was attacked and whatever attacked it removed all the claims above medium in size on all planets/moons and asteroids I mined at that were on file with this program. Within a day of this, my Entropia game was altered in that the buttons refused to function on top of the game screen, I couldn't maneuver my avatar and the game was unable to be played.

So, I tried to do s system recovery. When I did so, it told me the problem was the Entropia program and to remove it. Since I don't consider Entropia a problem program, I just went forward with the system recovery. In doing so, my Operating System Loader with the Windows program was destroyed.

So, I do not have my own computer or the LBML at the moment. I have to use my husband's computer to play Entropia. This is not the real problem. Here's the real problem.

After this all happened and I was able to get back into the game, I found that my mining had dramatically changed. Instead of getting a 35% return in my mining with claims medium size and up, I now was getting maybe 15% return with the claims now being medium and below. Since this is backward and not forward progress, this has caused me considerable upset since the goal is to move forward in mining and not backwards.

I have tried several times with customer service to have this problem looked into to find out why my claims have changed so much. My mining at the current time is at the level I was when I first started 7 months ago with a TT finder. They have said they have done' no updates or anything that would cause these problems. (which is a lie since we are told they are always doing updates ) They are very good at assuming "no responsibility" responses to everything I have asked in question to them which seems to be the backdoor approach most professionals like to use when it involves money or added work.

Since it has been pointed out to me on many occasions that "no one else has these problems", I chose to see that I'm the one (unintentionally and not voluntarily) who finds that problems or at least sees them when no one else wants to.

So after this long letter, can someone offer something useful to help since customer service is only being a blockade to my gameplay being reestablished as it was before there "undetermined update" happened? Could this be part a game progress plan that I am totally unable to see?. I know that sometime when I was about to get a global, I would get a lot of empty claim finds or no loot in hunting beforehand but this has been going on now for 3 days with no end in sight.

Feel free to be as long winded as me. Most of this is frustration since no one wants to hear or help.

Thanks.

Princess Zarnia

Maximus Cashicus

I don't have much to give you Princess, I don't mine really I've never had any luck in it or even a global. I've often read threads with people saying something similar and the response is usually that you need to do more to get a better average. But, I know from Ali playing that she has often gone through phases like this with terrible returns, even if she switches from mining to crafting or hunting. So imo, it is probably a downswing that you are in. I just can't see it being related to changes in the game or the lbml thing. Dunno if this helps you,
Max.

WangXiang

Bringing along the Moon with me
Shop Owner
Platinum Sponsor
I would only say:

1) There is no link between your technical issues and your loot/mining returns
2) There are periods of abundance and dearth periods; this is just how the game is.

There is no plan. Relax. Step back a bit. The game is at the same time very complicated and very easy.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
-- Michael Jordan

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Ok. Thanks for all your imput everyone. This streak as it has been referred has gone on about 3000 probes with about 6 claims acquired in the last 3 days....4 of the 6 claims size medium and under. For me, this is a huge shift especially after recent events forementioned. I haven't had a "poor" claim before yesterday with the f105 finder EVER...only on the f101 or TT finders. It probably would help if Entropia at least gave some explanation or warning when these things happen. Or why they do/allow it to happen. But again, thanks for the imput. I does really help. :)

RosaRaine Buns

The bad streak could last a day , week or months . No one has control over it. I think we all wish we got a notice when its going to happen. But thats the game. Have to take the good with the bad. Try to other things and have fun. You will get ur luck back.

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Actually, I need to clarify what I said above. ON MONRIA<, I never got a "poor" size find with the f105 finder..i have on caly and ark but never on Monria

Superraine raine r456

Monria is indoor rules. like F.O.A.M.A and Hell and Ark Underground. less hits but bigger claim sizes compared to all other places. Everyone is right on . just a bad streak . it happens to all of us .

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
If you are mining on Monria, get used to bad returns. It's inside rules here, the variance swings hugely. You need to cycle ped in the 1000's to see it average out a bit. I never really did well here, other people claim they do - do well. It is what it is. Overall, I have noticed that loot has been stingy for the past few weeks. When they run major events like the Gold Rush as an example, after the first week or so of it, you will notice things like this happen.

The key is knowing when to STOP what you are doing! If you are having a shitty day mining, for god sakes stop, wait a few hours, a few days even and try again. If you just blew 200 ped on a horrid run, throwing another 200 at it is probably not going to work out well for you either. A mindset of, I just lost 300 ped, so Im due to hit, is more likely to get you in trouble than a jackpot.

As for the technical issues, they would have nothing to do with your luck really. All of this is controlled by MA. It has to be, if they let our computers figure out our odds, it'd be too easy to hack. They know better. I have had bad streaks that lasted months. It happens.

If mining sucks, try hunting, or crafting. Often I have seen where one thing is terrible but another is not so bad. If you find that everything is crappy, like today for example. Go sweat for a while, chat and have fun. If that's not for you, then log off and go spend some time with the family or friends in real life. That is a nice refreshing thing to do once in a while too.

One other things,....... luck.... if you want to call it that, goes in waves I have seen. Mining, can be shitty, but every say 2 hours and 30 minutes, the 'wave' comes back around and there is stuff to find again. You know who the old timer miners are on this rock, watch them, when they go out mining, the wave is probably on, go in another direction and mine as well, or to another TP location and mine. If you are not on the moon, you will notice that this 'wave' also determines a lot, if you are going to find lysterium, or the high value ore in the place you are mining. Learn to find it and follow it.

sluggo

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Let me add one other thing. Let's say I just mined an area, I got stuff. You come thru ten minutes later, IF you find something, yes, you may very well find low sized finds. That is because I just ran through and got 'the money' out of the area before you did. Of course there are a lot of 'what if's ' in this. If I am mining at 400 feet and you are mining at 1000 feet, you may find stuff I couldn't. But as a general rule, once a claim is taken, the area can be scarce until that claim is refilled. If you are finding that your claim size is low for what you are dropping, chances are the area was just mined and you'd do well to go elsewhere for a bit.

slug

Darth Revan Reborn

It is normally about the numbers, when mining indoors those numbers become a lot larger which also means a lot larger loot swings. In the long run things usually even out to a reasonable return, but that doesn't mean that you should just keep going.
Do what others have said and take a step back, do something different. Who knows your next 3000 probes may all be hits...or not.

Remember sweating naked is always free :)

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Hey Princess it sounds like you're going through the mill :(

I'm no miner but I do think it is as people here have said and it some in waves, it sounds like your wave of bad luck coincided with your PC problems which made it look like there was something else afoot.

I have had ridiculous swings in luck over the years...at times I could have sworn all of my experience was lost cause I was looting like I had just started with the opalo. I would pour PED after PED until I was broke, and log out in complete frustration swearing that I would never play again.
But it passes and gets better and you forget the bad times when you're doing well ;) the only way to always profit is to sweat or trade in my opinion :p but where's the fun in that :D I love to go out and hunt or mine like I'm going to get rich...

I also buy lottery tickets sometimes :)

Anyway I hope your bad run ends soon and you start to get some better runs soon

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Thanks Kendra and everyone who responded. I did order another computer tower which should be in next week. Temporarily, it will limit what I can do in the game because of limited budget I already have to work with for Entropia had to go into buying the computer tower . Hopefully, this swing will be a short one. Not that this is everyone's plan when they begin Entropia but I understood that the only way to really expect any results was to focus on building skills asap and then when things were more productive, then strategize a working gameplan based on my higher level skills (in mining mostly) but also from what I have learned in my first year. I was hoping to actually make money by this time or at least see the beginning of it coming along. Instead, I got he current situation mentioned above. Truthfully, I wasn't expecting a fortune from this game...$200-$300 a month which from what I know is possible with the right venue in practice. Im still figuring out the best one for me and I believed it included mining. My competition to build fast in mining was with myself only..i wasn't aiming in any way to break records or compete with others in how fast they reached their skill levels. I simply knew I needed to be doing better as quick as I could so understand my frustration with the above problems is mainly that another option to help in getting another $200-$300 a month didn't pan out ....so who knows, maybe that will change a lot by this time next year...Thanks for your imput everyone.!! :p

Zarnia Foxtrot

Volunteer Mentor
Hi. Well, today is 11/30 and I got a mining HOF for 1459 ped in iron stone on Monria. So I am posting this to be fair to MA and Entropia and for anyone who is reading or following this post so you know that if you are getting lower loots in your mining claim finds, it may be due to you getting a mining HOF sometime soon. :) It is a little frustrating not knowing for sure why the lower loots/claim find sizes happen but this seemed to be related to my month of November issues listed above.

Thanks.

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Nice one Zarnia :) big grats :clap

Top Bottom