The Deep Dark Abyss is Rumbling

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I have spent many hours at the Monria Archives & Research Center (MARC) documenting what we know thus far about Cthulhu and his attempts to disrupt our peaceful coexistence on the Moon. However, as a result of our discoveries and unwavering efforts to prevent further intrusion, it appears that our fight to maintain control of Monria, let alone our sanity, is far from over.

I'm heading back to the DSEC Forensics Lab for further investigation based on intel shared by Goth because there usually seems to be a connection with documents and items found in the antique 4-drawer file cabinet that we retrieved from the West Crater that gives more clues. I hope there are new discoveries that will prepare us for any impending attack.

I will report my findings soon, but know this -- there is anger that we continue to be victorious in spite of Cthulhu's relentless attempts through his minions to take us down. Goth says that we may see a massive attack even greater than the one we encountered at our St. Patrick's Day battle, but I'm not exactly sure what that means. He also said that Tru'nembra continues to shapeshift her way throughout the Moon in an attempt to capture more unsuspecting community members through haunting music.

I caution you all to be alert, and report any unusual activity that you might discover. This could be helpful in determining a pattern of future battle plans being tested by Cthulhu in advance of any massive attack.

Thank You

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I hope those of you who read the previous alert are taking it seriously, and not passing it off as poo poo to Cthulhu. This past Sunday, many of you witnessed that I was getting strange vibrations at the Main Crater, and while we had some chaotic fun with the Pumpkin bashing, my vibrations had nothing to do with that.

I wasn't sure what the rumbling was about, so I tried to distract all of you in the best way I knew how by keeping you active and engaged in fun stuff, but those rumblings were still going on at the Main Crater when I was there on Monday.

Goth has been deeply undercover desperately trying to get additional intel, and it was just this morning that I received a comm message from him. Apparently something big IS going down and our resolve will be tested yet again, but this time, it appears that it's going to be over a span of time and not the usual fare. Goth was able to pick up a couple of key words, but we are not sure what they mean at this time.

There seems to be something round involved, and Goth found it quite strange that Cthulhu's cronies would be talking about a robin. We're trying to make sense of it, but there IS one thing we know.

There's talk about Wednesday being a day of trial, a time to test the waters to see how prepared we are before a full-on frontal assault. I'm going to be at the Main Crater on Wednesday to see if this is just nonsense talk, or there's something really going on. Goth thinks this so-called trial is taking place late afternoon EU time, so we should at least be ready.

There has to be more to this than what we've learned so far, because the messages have been rather cryptic, so Goth is still doing his best to get more intel to at least give us a leg up on what we might be about to face. If we're heading into a massive assault over time, then I think it's safe to say that all of us should be prepared.

I wish I had more to share, but I will get back to as soon as I do. Please stay alert.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
It is after 4am in the morning for me and I just got a comm message from Goth. :rolleyes

I'll get over the time factor though because the information is important for the community to know. He has been able to confirm to me that indeed, we are about to be tested and tried.

The test begins on Wednesday, August 17th at 16:00 EU time at the Main Crater and will end at 22:00 EU time.

If we survive this test, then it's going to piss Cthulhu off again and he will unleash his fury to an even greater degree on Saturday, August 20th for a full 24 hours (00:00 - 23:59 EU time) in the Main Crater.

If this is the case, then I know that our community will band together to give us yet another victory, and I think there should be rewards as a result. If we face the elevated assault on Saturday, then we will award the following.

Saturday's Elevated Assault at the Main Crater -- (August 20th | 00:00 - 23:59 EU time):
(any and all Shoggoth are fair game for these rewards)

• Solo Hunting
  • Single Highest Global / HoF --> Reward = 400 PED
  • Single Lowest Global / HoF --> Reward = 200 PED
  • Team Hunting
  • Single Highest Global / HoF --> Reward = 400 PED
  • Single Lowest Global / HoF --> Reward = 200 PED
There may be random rewards given out on Wednesday as well for your efforts, so make sure you join the others in the community to help defeat Cthulhu's attempt to control us so he doesn't unleash more of his evil.

OMG -- Goth just sent me another comm and said that he has uncovered the entire plot. This is not a one-off test, but will be a weekly trial for 4 weeks to really push us to our limits -- or so they think. The leaders of the Shoggoths, Yogs, Cultists and Shubs are planning their own individual weeks of unholy chaos. That means their test on Wednesdays, and a full-on 24 hour frontal assault on Saturdays. They are hell bent on taking us down.

That's not the most disturbing news though, because Goth thinks that if we survive each test and full-on assault, there will be an even greater battle to fight at the end.

If I can get absolute confirmation on this, I will pull together a more comprehensive write-up and publish it. And if the community comes together for what seems an escalating impending battle, then the rewards will increase each week to compensate for your dedicated efforts.

In the meantime -- I will meet everyone at the Main Crater on Wednesday at 15:00 EU time to see if the vibrations are still going on, and if so, then I fear that we will be experiencing our first test.

On another note -- I was standing at the televator on the 10th floor in the Cthulhu Tower and started hearing very eerie music. I did NOT have the music stream active. I had my music volume up pretty high when I heard the first eerie sounds, but it started to fade. I turned the volume up even higher and the music was still there. Very chilling melodic sounds and nothing I had ever heard before. Rosa and Raine discovered that they could hear it too, and I'm not sure if anyone else was testing it out or not, but it was just way creepy.

I had to log for a bit because I had to attend to something in real life for about a half hour, maybe a little less, but when I came back into the game, I was told that Tru'nembra showed up and chatted with the community. I was SO totally confused with what everyone was saying because the messages just didn't seem coherent.

The chat eventually ended, and I'm not sure anything was any more clearer to me, but I know that Tru'nembra is Cthulhu's Angel of Music, and not the kind of music we should be listening to. Tru'nembra is a shapeshifter and can take many forms, or no form at all, so you may never see her. If you do, like I did a while back, the encounter is definitely a strange occurrence and you will find yourself questioning your own sanity. This could be Cthulhu's way of stunning our senses before the battle, so be alert.

My advice if you should start hearing very strange and eerie music, move until you reach a place it disappears.

I'll meet everyone at the Main Crater at 15:00 EU time on Wednesday.

I think we should at least prepare for what could be a weeks-long challenge.

We can do this. :aok

Oh, and I have more news with regard to the Kipling case. I will publish that soon. :D

StarDrifter

Simple, yet Significant
OK this is getting weird now......

fb171dd909704f818f931d7368321e5c.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Interesting -- someone is having some fun with that, but I assure you it's not me, nor does it have anything to do with anything I'm working on. This is a Lone Wolf, so not sure what the motives are because they are not associated with anything the Monria Team is involved with.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
The games self aware ruuuuuuunnnnn!!!!:shock

The timing of this guy showing up just makes it all the wierder to

I actually don't think it's weird, I think someone specifically created this character to role-play, but the question is, how will he do it. If it's keeping with the theme of the Moon and storyline and not something that will be disruptive, then it could turn out to be something fun -- the Top Ops Team is on alert. :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
BTW -- I'm putting together the "Monria Round Robin Tournament" thread and will publish it as soon as I have it done.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
The dust has barely settled in the craters, and we're about to be tried for the last time before what I am told by sources as being an impending massive assault on Monria. Our community with its allies have been steadfast in defeating these attempts to cause destruction at the Wednesday Trials and Saturday Assaults.

The rumbles are getting louder, and the noise is almost deafening. The Monrian community continues to stand strong, but I have learned that for a few of its greatest warriors, they will be pushed to new heights, and their strength tested to an even greater and elevated degree. Who will these warriors be, and will they rise to the challenge?

So many determining factors that play into a continued victory against the Deep Dark Abyss.

Top Bottom