Thoughts...

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Actually I believe in the Capitalist mindset. You let each shop owner do what they want, how they want. If they want to be jerks, word will get around about them. If they want to set up a Merchants Guild or whatever, where they have loose agreements with each other on how to best cooperate, that's great too. The point being, they should have full control over their business models, and not be told how and what they can sell and when. Too often in the past, in other places as well, I have seen that abused as many try to form some sort of pecking order and corner the market for themselves acting like it is somehow 'owed' to them now.

I believe the mindset of the Monrian ownership team is more along the lines of, "Let the players tell us how they'd like to see things run" and not " tell the players how they are allowed to run it", which is what limiting shop's abilities would essentially be.

sluggo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I believe the mindset of the Monrian ownership team is more along the lines of, "Let the players tell us how they'd like to see things run" and not " tell the players how they are allowed to run it", which is what limiting shop's abilities would essentially be.

sluggo

We want to work in partnership with the community in all aspects with regard to what would work best for them, which is why we are asking for suggestions and feedback. We will work with what options we have available to us, and as best we can in an effort to support developing a working economy and more satisfying Monrian experience overall.

So yes, you are right in saying that we don't want to tell the community what to do. We would rather tap into the mindset of the players to see where they're at, what they're wants and needs are, and how we can best meet them. We also want to support creativity, talent, knowledge, experience and ability to develop what works best for the players toward our goal of building a community-centric environment.

Priority # 1: HAVE FUN

Top Bottom