trying to figure out how to not offend someone

RaiE

I was told I couldn't make jokes in monria chat that were "sexual innuendo". I get that there are some nasty ppl out there who turn such jokes very hurtful and demeaning. I made a comment "Damn hooker..you see the size of that cultists tentacles?" and was quickly reprimanded. I was embarrassed to have this done to me publicly..and I really think that any mod should exercise some judgement and leeway if appropriate. I feel like I have to walk on eggshells..I just wanted a home with fun ppl I could enjoy playing alongside. I find it even more interesting to note that speaking of being beheaded..shot..killing etc etc..all ok. yet sex of any kind (the loving act that supports life) is a no no. I really think the policy should be loosened some.

DarkMoonEnigma

Community Manager
Staff member
MCAT Team Member
Monria Media Team
I'm going to leave this thread open and let the community respond to it, as well as Anhithe (the owner) when he has an opportunity. I already told you in PM in the game that I should have taken it to PM right away, but you and I have had this conversation before when you posted your short story that was very inappropriate for this forum, and did not let it go public out of the moderation queue. I took it to PM then and explained everything to you, as well as gave you the link to our Forum Posting Guidelines, but also said the same guidelines apply to the Monria chat channel.

Also, this is what I said in Monria chat:

[#monria] [RaiE Oegi]: any good tentacle pics?
[#monria] [RaiE Oegi]: I lub me some tentacles
[#monria] [DarkMoonEnigma]: there's a photo of a Shogg
[#monria] [RaiE Oegi]: Damn hooker..you see the size of that cultists tentacles?
[#monria] [DarkMoonEnigma]: we don't talk like that in Monria chat

Monria is not like any other location or community in the universe, and we have the kind of community we do because of our guidelines at the Monria forum and in Monria chat in the game. We get positive feedback about it all the time.

I have been quite busy, but I have had complaints from several members in the community about a few people causing drama in Monria chat for a while now, so I have a few Monria chat logs to review and will deal with it directly.

Ant entrusts me as his Community Manager to take care of things in the manner with which he wants to see the Monria community evolve, and I'm sure he will explain that to you.

In the meantime, this is all I'm going to say before the community and Anhithe respond.

RaiE

I'm going to leave this thread open and let the community respond to it, as well as Anhithe (the owner) when he has an opportunity. I already told you in PM in the game that I should have taken it to PM right away, but you and I have had this conversation before when you posted your short story that was very inappropriate for this forum, and did not let it go public out of the moderation queue. I took it to PM then and explained everything to you, as well as gave you the link to our Forum Posting Guidelines, but also said the same guidelines apply to the Monria chat channel.

Also, this is what I said in Monria chat:

[#monria] [RaiE Oegi]: any good tentacle pics?
[#monria] [RaiE Oegi]: I lub me some tentacles
[#monria] [DarkMoonEnigma]: there's a photo of a Shogg
[#monria] [RaiE Oegi]: Damn hooker..you see the size of that cultists tentacles?
[#monria] [DarkMoonEnigma]: we don't talk like that in Monria chat

Monria is not like any other location or community in the universe, and we have the kind of community we do because of our guidelines at the Monria forum and in Monria chat in the game. We get positive feedback about it all the time.

I have been quite busy for a while, but I have had complaints from several members in the community about a few people causing drama in Monria chat for a while now, so I have a few Monria chat logs to review and will deal with it directly.

Ant entrusts me as his Community Manager to take care of things in the manner with which he wants to see the Monria community evolve, and I'm sure he will explain that to you.

In the meantime, this is all I'm going to say before the community and Anhithe respond.
Please create an 18+ Monria chat channel so that this isn't an issue..at all.

Kingu

Monria Volunteer Mentor
MCAT Team Member
The comunity did its best i think to try explain the difference between Monria chat and all other planetary chats.. Monria do stick out as you may have noticed and some words or coments or special topic is not as tolerated as other planets as the playerbase on Monria like a slow chill fun chat with normal talk and able to read when thigs are aked for help and such and not use time on explaining how to be polite and respectfull and listen to what other say is acceptable.. Sorry i come out rude or worse, but cant realy find other ways to say this after the debate that was going in chat

EDIT: PS. We dont need a 18+ age limit on Monria chat.. we just need happy positive players that stay off some topics :)

Gredrrik Malgar

Monria Volunteer Mentor
Monria Yamato Pilot
MCAT Co-Mgr
Monria Media | Support Team
I was going to let this one be as it almost seem to have sorted itself out until you Raie brought it up again today in Monria chat, using the very same language that you were asked not to use...

The point is not to "Censor" you but to have a unified and mature chat channel where one does not have to worry about being cursed at or have profanity spread around (there's enough of that in the real world) , where everyone can enjoy decent, clean and unadulterated nonsense chat.

This comes down to respect for the owner(s) / managers where or whoever, in game or out, they have put the rules in place and have asked nicely, this channel (not MA's) everyone abides to them happily and gets along just fine.

RaiE

I was going to let this one be as it almost seem to have sorted itself out until you Raie brought it up again today in Monria chat, using the very same language that you were asked not to use...

The point is not to "Censor" you but to have a unified and mature chat channel where one does not have to worry about being cursed at or have profanity spread around (there's enough of that in the real world) , where everyone can enjoy decent, clean and unadulterated nonsense chat.

This comes down to respect for the owner(s) / managers where or whoever, in game or out, they have put the rules in place and have asked nicely, this channel (not MA's) everyone abides to them happily and gets along just fine.
why not be inclusive of all tastes? the pms I was getting suggest there is a place for a more mature chat

RaiE

and I brought it up this morning to try and gauge peoples feelings..seeing if I was out of my mind thinking that a soft approach is better than a dictatorial one

Gredrrik Malgar

Monria Volunteer Mentor
Monria Yamato Pilot
MCAT Co-Mgr
Monria Media | Support Team
why not be inclusive of all tastes? the pms I was getting suggest there is a place for a more mature chat
You do not seem to understand the fact that the reason the Monrian community doesn't engage in such profanities is the reason it IS the mature chat.

By all means if you feel the need to speak as such in PM's go ahead, there is literally nothing governing that chat however Monria chat has the rules in place, we're only asking they be kept.

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Monria Media Team
Hey @RaiE first welcome to Monria :)

I take full responsibility for the way that we moderate the chat channel as it is completely my decision to run things this way. You may not agree and I'm sure there are others that don't agree either. I'm fine with that and have been pretty consistent all along, EU is a big place with lots of room for everyone, and Monria may not be for everyone. It was never meant to be, we're just a small rock full of like minded people.

I'm going to share some of the reasons why I do things the way I do:
  • I want people from different cultures and with different sensibilities to feel comfortable interacting. Some people have given me feedback about how they appreciate our moderation. It doesn't matter to me how many but If one person feels more comfortable because we steer away from certain topics then that's all the validation I need.
  • I've no time for 'drama'. This can happen when things escalate with red flag topics, its not even the odd innocuous comment that causes this but the following interactions which then escalates into something else.
  • Teenagers play. My children play occasionally and we have a few families who visit Monria who also have their children play. Call me old fashioned if you like but if a 13 year old with the consent of their Guardian is allowed to play EU I would like Monria chat to be as safe a place for them to interact in as I can manage.
  • Cyber bullying. A few people I care about have experienced this in EU and I'm not going to tolerate this in Monria chat so I expect civility.
  • We run our events through Monria chat and this becomes extremely difficult to do without some ground rules, logistically its a nightmare unless we moderate Monria chat.
  • A big goal for me is to increase the EU player base as best I can and we have more people that stay with us when they enter a warm and welcoming environment which is what we have.
  • We've been doing this for the past four years and I love the Monria community which is all the validation I need.
I'm not suggesting by any means that the above applies to you and you're clearly an intelligent adult, I just want you to understand why I am steadfast in my approach. It would be very difficult for me to implement a sexual innuendo bar, or a point at which a religious or political discussion becomes too much. I prefer to just make it black and white so there's no confusion. I also prefer that we nip it in the bud and be open and honest about our approach early on. @DarkMoonEnigma has already accepted that she should have taken it to PM straight away because it was never our intention to embarrass you. She has been working 24/7 on our Monria magazine, has been sleep deprived and has a number of complaints from the community about 'chat drama' in her absence which we have to deal with. All of this is for the community that I hope you chose to be a part of.

In closing there are lots of places to interact in EU that are not moderated, there are society's that have different values and you have the ability to create your own chat channels with whatever moderation you deem appropriate. I appreciate that you have enjoyed the vibe of Monria and wanted to be a part of it and have invested in an apartment. If you feel that perhaps you made a mistake then I don't want you to lose out and am more than happy to buy the apartment back and I will give it out as a prize in our events.

You will of course always be welcome whatever you decide :)

Ant

Axel89

The comunity did its best i think to try explain the difference between Monria chat and all other planetary chats.. Monria do stick out as you may have noticed and some words or coments or special topic is not as tolerated as other planets as the playerbase on Monria like a slow chill fun chat with normal talk and able to read when thigs are aked for help and such and not use time on explaining how to be polite and respectfull and listen to what other say is acceptable.. Sorry i come out rude or worse, but cant realy find other ways to say this after the debate that was going in chat

EDIT: PS. We dont need a 18+ age limit on Monria chat.. we just need happy positive players that stay off some topics :)
that's my society leader .. i taught him everything he knows !
do same rules apply to forums or we can spam what we fail to vent in chat ? :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Community Manager
Staff member
MCAT Team Member
Monria Media Team
The rules apply to both the forum and Monria chat ... don't MAKE me go all nuts on you Axel. :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Community Manager
Staff member
MCAT Team Member
Monria Media Team
i was just wondering thats all !
beside i cannot make you angry now am on my way to monria to sell sweat
i should be good till i run out of sweat to sell :D
You've got until Christmas Day until your 3 months for selling sweat to me is done.

Now let's take this out of this thread because it's off-topic.

Kingu

Monria Volunteer Mentor
MCAT Team Member

Just use the soc chat for venting as i teached you :p Or even fill my pm list if there is anything .. hehe.. we sort it internaly and not Monria chat or forum .. After all you learned me i hoped I had learned you that :p

Guudlux

I know this is an old poat but i feel it has some very strong points in it..im a new player to EU and just so happened to land on Monria when i signed up, initial i thought thought the planet to be rather baron and not supportive of new players, i then found this forum and discovered the MB program which quickly changed my mind..

i had a couple short conversations with players in the community and i thoight Monria was gonna be alright...then i tried to sell my sweat..DME informed me i could sell my sweat "anytime" she was on "but" it had to be between 1400-1500 or 2000-2100 game time.

Unfortunatly for me i am eaither at work or on my home from work during those periods...no big deal that still leaves sat and sunday for me to sell the 6k sweat i could gather during the week.

Saturday morning came and at 1400 i msged DME and she promptly made the trade,awesome the plan is coming together..today rolls around(sunday) i log in to sweat a bit for next weekend sales and sell my daily 3k allowance for 6 ped..

now i saw DME eralier at forensics TP so at 1400EU i go to messgae her and she is not online no biggie...then 1500 comes and sje still not there well i missed that 1 hour window and today being fathers day i have plans and will not be on for the afternoon window..shit out of luck for my 2nd/90 days to sell sweat..which to be honest isnt the problem..

the problem lies in peoples word or the lack of upholding it..i also find this post rather hypocritical of Monria considering the music they play in the background consists of multiple rap/r&b songs with lyrics such as "i see you baby shaking that ass" and much worse that i cant recall at the time of this writing. Are we not all adults?

DarkMoonEnigma

Community Manager
Staff member
MCAT Team Member
Monria Media Team
Just so everything is kept transparent and accurate ... here is what really went down regarding this situation:

===============================

Here is the first PM just after midnight Friday night when Saturday's event started and I was monitoring the activities. It was already after midnight game time and into the next day, and the rule is I don't buy sweat after midnight game time because I am rarely in the game at that time and don't want to start a sweat buying cycle with anyone at this time because it would throw everything off.

I also take screenshots of everything and keep records as part of my responsibilities. Besides, the Monrian Born Program thread has information about my times in the game to buy sweat based on work schedule and RL demands. I make every effort to accommodate Monrian Borns selling sweat to me, which is what I actually attempted to do in the first PM.

==============================
2020-06-20 00:14:10 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] hi DME would you be able to buy sweat at the moment? or is there a process to sell to you? i didnt see anything mentioned on forum -- (everything is clear in the MB Program thread)
2020-06-20 00:14:38 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] you can sell to me whenever I am online, but ...
2020-06-20 00:14:54 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] since it is after midnight in the game, that means we are into the next day
2020-06-20 00:15:13 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] and I don't buy sweat after the day changes at midnight
2020-06-20 00:15:28 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] I'm in the game between 14:00 - 15:00 game time every day, and
2020-06-20 00:15:44 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] between 20:00 - 21:00 game time every day
2020-06-20 00:16:14 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] I'm normally not in the game at this time, but our mid-month events now start at 00:00 game time Saturday
2020-06-20 00:16:22 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] and I'm making sure everything is going ok
2020-06-20 00:17:07 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] ic...thats a bit of a bummer because im never on at those hours...thanks tho.
2020-06-20 00:17:34 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] and I'm rarely in the game at this time
2020-06-20 00:17:52 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] I've seen you in the game when I'm on during the day or afternoon
2020-06-20 00:18:25 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] I keep records of everything for the owner
2020-06-20 00:18:57 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] this is a "real" job for me and I have accounting responsibilities
2020-06-20 00:19:13 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] ok
2020-06-20 00:19:39 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] I'm really sorry, but I have to be fair to everyone in that respect
2020-06-20 00:19:49 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] which is why I am in the game the times I am each day
2020-06-20 00:19:58 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] im not holding anything against you.
2020-06-20 00:19:59 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] I am 4 hrs "behind" the game as well
2020-06-20 00:20:03 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] :)
2020-06-20 00:21:02 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] ill just have to catch you the weekends.
2020-06-20 00:21:43 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] what is your time zone
2020-06-20 00:21:57 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] east coast US
2020-06-20 00:22:14 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] EST
2020-06-20 00:23:23 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] so am I, which means that you are 4 hrs behind game time as well
2020-06-20 00:24:47 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] what time are you in the game?
2020-06-20 00:24:58 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] your time?
2020-06-20 00:26:19 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] during the week ussually get 0n after work/shower at 6...weekends vary
2020-06-20 00:26:42 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] 6pm your time
2020-06-20 00:26:47 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] yes
2020-06-20 00:27:43 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] most of the Monrian Born see me earlier when I get in the game at 14:00 or 15:00 game time, and most are from Europe
2020-06-20 00:29:10 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] I've been logging into the game between 4pm and 5pm or so our time, which is 20:00 - 21:00 game time
2020-06-20 00:29:15 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] its really not a big issue sometimes i get home from work early so maybe ill catch ya,,,but i really didnt knoiw how it operated but now i do
2020-06-20 00:29:26 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] but maybe I can make it between 6pm and 7pm instead
2020-06-20 00:29:52 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] I'll canvas the MBs to see how they feel about it and what would be most convenient
2020-06-20 00:29:59 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] lol no your not changing your schedule for 1 players sweat...
2020-06-20 00:30:15 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] I don't want anyone to miss out on their 90 days selling sweat
2020-06-20 00:31:36 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] i dont think i can sweat more than 6k/per week so a sall on sat and sun would cover what im goin to be able to produce
2020-06-20 00:33:02 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] still 3k/day limit yes?
2020-06-20 00:33:09 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] yes
2020-06-20 00:34:38 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] most of the time im on theres no circles so i swunt shoggs ion the caves....slow sweating.
2020-06-20 00:34:54 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] ok
2020-06-20 00:35:10 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] whenever there's a sweat circle going on, they always advertise it in Monria chat

Here is the second in-game PM

2020-06-20 14:07:05 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] hey dme did i catch ya at a good time?
2020-06-20 14:07:32 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] absolutely :)
2020-06-20 14:07:41 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] however, one sec please
2020-06-20 14:07:50 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] sry.
2020-06-20 14:07:52 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] talking with the owner of Monria (my boss) quick
2020-06-20 14:07:57 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] ok
2020-06-20 14:08:08 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] always allow me to initiate trades please :)
2020-06-20 14:08:15 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] I always have a lot going on behind the scenes
2020-06-20 14:08:19 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] come back this way please
2020-06-20 14:09:24 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] before I complete the trade
2020-06-20 14:09:34 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] please click on O to open Options
2020-06-20 14:09:39 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] then click on Privacy
2020-06-20 14:09:52 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] then put a check mark in the box that says Share Professional Standings please
2020-06-20 14:10:04 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] done
2020-06-20 14:10:28 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] thank you
2020-06-20 14:11:04 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] something to help you along - (I gave her 2 Rubios)
2020-06-20 14:11:16 [FROM: somelux guudlux nolux] tyvm!
2020-06-20 14:11:28 [TO : somelux guudlux nolux] yw

Entropia 2020-06-20 10-11-22-97.png

LadyNo

LoL!
Monria is buisnesss :)
Provocations we must endure because of FREE stuff. d:D

Last edited:
Top Bottom