Unban The IMP

Discussion in 'General Monria Discussions' started by ImpnAintEasy, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImpnAintEasy

ImpnAintEasy Active Member

IMP4PRESIDENT2020 as some of you know there was a... problem last night... I think the chat moderation needs redone in full... Multiple people were banned last night for making a joke that did not agree with a very very small select amount the population.

Now I normally would not care but as most of you know I trade heavily on Monria...And... for some reason DME found if needed to ban me from the #MonriaTrade channel as well as the Main Channel...

Support Change!!!! I do not condone cussing and rude behavior. but to ban a active contributing member for a simple joke..... I propose this... DME should be stripped of chat powers and someone more level headed put in place.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  2. ImpnAintEasy

RESERVED and originally posted in UPDATES/RELEASE NOTES

3. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Community Manager MCAT Team Member Monria Media Team Chief Fun Officer

I'm going to leave your thread live Imp so that Ant can respond to it in the morning after he reviews all of the chat logs (both Monria chat and PMs), along with your stream video and other documentation.

You were asked to stop your incessant presidential campaign chat and completely disregarded the request. I had to continually ask you to please stop. I shared that I was getting PMs that people were annoyed with it, and what began as a joke (as you stated) turned into antagonistic behavior because you wouldn't stop.

Then you were being rude on your Twitch stream and asking people to join Monria chat to spam your presidential campaign messages because you had already been muted. I muted you from MonriaTrade because I knew you would go there and turn that into a chat channel with drama as well based on what was happening on your Twitch stream.

The following was taken right from your Twitch stream while engaged in a PM with an MA Official (Janus) who stopped chatting when they learned it was public for all to see. And they're right, we don't want "cussing, profanity, racism" or any of those things in our Monria chat channel, and the community appreciates that we keep our chat channels as drama-free as possible. You want to behave in that manner, then go somewhere else, because it won't be tolerated on Monria. You say you love Monria, but you don't respect that we have a set standard. And btw ... Ant set the standard.

Imp-MAOfficialJanus.PNG

The fact that you have done things for Monria, of which we are appreciative, doesn't give you license to disrespect our chat channel rules, nor continually ignore a simple request to stop with the presidential campaign messages, and especially after I mentioned that I had received complaints.

Even community members in Monria chat made their opinions known, but you ignored that too. It doesn't matter how many people are in the community, what matters is that you were asked to stop and you chose to disrespect me and the other community members. Then told your Twitch followers to join Monria chat and spam, who were also disrespectful and wouldn't stop when asked. It then became harassment and I had enough.

4. Deemer

Deemer New Member

These are the royal personalities... the cartoonist should be... beheaded?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0XD4H9XUAA0eBh.jpg

All this is quite exaggerated, if this is propaganda campaign, then there must be exist.. is there a campaign for a president? President of what?

I have not seen a curse, racist... rude speach..
    I saw a teaser with you, but if you were offended because it was personal. You could have terminated this by another ways.

I am an individual person and is not make you honor to put me in the frame of a follower... someone to tell me what i should do.
    I made my own decision because the punishment is excessive in my eyes.
    I do not agree that there someone has crossed the border, so I gave my support.
    I am an active person, I am not passive. That is why I have my point of view and my position, my choice.
    Does not necessarily have to be my battle to have a position. But as a player in the game, I have the right to be informed, on a par with everyone else.
    Monria is part of Entropia Universe, the game is commercial.
    Removing the rights to someone, makes him uncompetitive.
    That's why I'm interested in what's happening.

imp President 2020!!! - if it's propaganda, racism, insult... this should be punishment ... I do not understand it.

Of the topics in the forum I see that Ant and You are intelligent people.
    You've probably taken things too personally today.
    It's a game... we need fun sometimes

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  5. ImpnAintEasy

Of course I took it too far... that's in my nature lol. But it's still a laughable reason to get banned. Also that screenshot was worded badly on my part. You all know I am 100% not racist it was just bad wording in a heated moment.

And the #MonriaTrade have you ever seen me spam anything in there other than a trade? Its a channel that is used for trading I would not spam my jokes in there and you know this :p

Anyways, I would like to be un-banned, and I will not say anything in Monria chat that is not a contribution to a conversation or to help someone ... PinkySwear...cross my little black heart and hope to die.

6. ImpnAintEasy

On that note let us kill this thread, and we can discuss another time.

7. Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde Moon Manager Staff Member Moderator Monria Media Team

Sorry I'm late to the party, it was my daughter's Confirmation today. You can imagine the irony of spending a couple of hours in a church listening to a sermon on the higher virtues of humanity and then coming back to this!

So in the spirit of this presidential run I guess I'm going to have to address a bit of #fakenews :D
    • Two people were muted last night not because of a joke that did not agree with a very very small select amount of the population.
    1. One was muted after multiple requests to stop posting some spam after numerous people had said they found it annoying. It doesn't even matter how many, or whether it was the right call or not because the mute happened much much later. It was inevitable and you knew it because you would not have stopped until the mute arrived. You had every opportunity to let it lie but you continued to push buttons. I don't even like playing this out in public but you've put this all in the public domain with your twitch stream, which I'll get to in a bit. I'm not going to go over the chat flow but comments like: "imp for community fun manger 2020!!! ????" is a clear prod at DM. Is it humor? Perhaps. Does humor make everything ok? Absolutely not, and that is why you never see a murder defense based on diminished responsibility because it was funny. You chose to get yourself muted. You chose martyrdom to protect your right to spam IMP4PRESIDENT2020. Two completely different things.
    2. Another was muted because they were spamming Monria chat after being asked not to because you encouraged people from your stream to spam Monria chat basically trying to incite mass trolling.
    • Monria Chat is not borderline communist, fascist or any other kind of political structure, it is a moderated chat channel. You may not agree with the need for moderation or the kind of moderation but these are entirely different things. These terms are bandied around too much all over the internet IMO and if people feel so strongly about these subjects then I think their energy would be far better placed doing something worthwhile like speaking out against oppressive regimes. We are talking about a chat channel here nothing else. Lets get some perspective.
    • I am a Mindark affiliate and also Moon Manager.
    • I'm not exactly Kevin Hart but that wasn't really a joke, mildly amusing at best :p
    I really could go on forever but at some point we need to let common sense kick in here. First thing we taught our children was 'if they don't like it don't do it' and you'll never find a closer pair of siblings. This very simple principle could serve us all well going forward.

As to "DME should be stripped of chat powers and someone more level headed put in place." It will be no surprise to anyone who knows me that this is not going to happen and I'll explain why.
    1. I'd like to think that anyone who has ever worked for me would say I have plenty of faults, but my loyalty is not one of them. Anyone who allows me to lead them will always have my support.
    2. Everything we all love about Monria and its community is a direct result of DM's efforts. The very fact that we care so much about something so small as a chat channel is a direct result of the work that she does. There will only ever be one community manager on Monria.
    3. I get insanely busy out of game which can leave DM somewhat isolated without the support structure that she deserves in her role. It is one of the reasons why I have people around Monria like my family and long term EU friends so that she has as much support by people I know who have her back no matter what. DM works for me in an official position and even though a large part of her role involves being a part of the community, it is very important to me that she isn't put in situations she is uncomfortable with and that she is respected in the workplace. The fact that the workplace is in a video game is of no consequence to me. If that environment is toxic or she needs support so that she can thrive in her role then she has my backing.
    I'm going to close with a couple of things. I have a lot of respect for you @ImpnAintEasy and you have done a lot of positive things for EU and Monria, as do so many of our friends. I've got to know you and would consider you a friend but as a friend, what I saw on your stream was not your finest hour. I would love for you to be un-muted so we can get back to making Monria great, but that's not my decision and you really need to have a chat with DM. If the outcome is positive though, you are going to have to come to terms with the fact that some things that are appropriate for you may not be appropriate for Monria chat. You will also need to understand without going into specifics that some things are just not appropriate to be said to my community manager, humor or not. As for what those things are, well 'if they don't like it don't do it', try asking :p

On the specific matter of chat and moderation, I'm going to let this all settle down so we can reflect on how much energy we've all wasted on this failed presidential bid, then open up a thread to get input from the community on what kind of chat channel we want and how we can achieve it. I recommend we all spend some time reading rookie chat for inspiration :D

Please note the subtle and appropriate use of humor above as an example to all aspiring comics.

Thanks
    Ant

8. Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde Moon Manager Staff Member Moderator Monria Media Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.