vehicle on monria?

Venture Bros

Permanently Banned
Interesting question, I think that was either a choice of the old owners, or forced because of the mining system. That would be good to find out.

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Im not sure why they initially set it up this way. Maybe because it's an enclosed environment and the exhaust would poison us?

Maybe we could get a Monria specific vehicle. It's a maglev or something, does not need internal combustion, but decays with use over time. An idea at least because yes it would be nice to putt putt around w/o having to walk ... or run everywhere.

sluggo

Eric Shade Avenged

The Knights of Entropia (TKoE)
I have wondered about this also. FOMA is enclosed and does not allow vehicles as well. Arkadia UG is enclosed and does allow vehicles, however Arkadia has full power to make that decision I believe.

Pillzy

Yamato Pilot
My idea to fix this is to add a teraforming machine to give the moon an atmosphere that way you can open up the moon and have more area and the ability to fly to the moon and use all vehicle types.

Venture Bros

Permanently Banned
Perhaps just Mind Essense sellers, I do sell quite a bit, but I would rather sell vehicles and oil so I don't think any other shop keepers would mind.

sluggo

Shop Owner
I sell ME as well at a very nice discount too, but even with that, there are areas which are blocked to teleportation. The caves mainly and some of the other outside areas I have seen. I wanted to use my 3 chip to TP directly home but it appears that a shop does not count as an apartment for this task. Oh well.

sluggo

Venture Bros

Permanently Banned
I sell ME as well at a very nice discount too, but even with that, there are areas which are blocked to teleportation. The caves mainly and some of the other outside areas I have seen. I wanted to use my 3 chip to TP directly home but it appears that a shop does not count as an apartment for this task. Oh well.

sluggo
Wow, add that to the bug reports. I can TP "home" to my shop with a TP3 chip...

sluggo

Shop Owner
Maybe this is a localized bug then, let's see what MA says when they bring it up.
thank you for the extra info.

sluggo

sluggo

Shop Owner
Good read those threads are. I propose a compromise. Vehicles allowed topside on / in the craters, NOT allowed in the caves. People need to die a few times trying to get to the shrub teleport, that's part of the appeal of the area is that it is NOT an easy task. If it is possible, maybe only small ground vehicles only, ie jeeps, trucks, no sleips, quads or stuff like that?

sluggo

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I say we create a unique Monria-designed dune buggy for the crater area only, and keep any and all vehicles out of the caves because I think that would just mess things up too much. I'm sure we could come up with some unique design if MindArk would be willing to throw it in there for us, but it would all be according to what could be budgeted, and what our priorities are for sure.

Then again, maybe we don't want vehicles so we can keep the crater area a vast nook and cranny environment to mine while running aimlessly through hill and sink hole in the course of avoiding a Shoggy death because we aren't paying attention. It's the dark energy of Cthulhu I tell you. One of these days you'll listen to me. :rolleyes:

sluggo

Shop Owner
I like the idea of a Monria vehicle only. Maybe some type of little scooter / hover craft given the terrain and all. Possibly make it a mission chain, people have to find stuff hidden here and there, or something like Cyrene's fap mission where there are several stages, they collect stuff, when they get enough stuff, tokens, whatever, they can trade it in for the vehicle. OR better yet, they can get a blueprint to craft a limited amount of the vehicles. The crafting idea might be better it adds further incentive for our crafters to come here as I can envision the MU being fairly high on the vehicles. Even if the vehicle isn't this super uber thingie, it's something NEW, and that alone would have great appeal.

Maybe the vehicle runs off of sweat instead of oil. throw some solar panels on it, a few of those solar gel cells and it's a hydrogen vehicle, emits steam to keep the atmosphere clean under the dome..

I am not sure if the mechanics would allow for us to just 'allow' one type of vehicle and not others.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Love your ideas Sluggo, and I'm not entirely sure of the limitations of game mechanics either, but it's worth exploring. I like the suggestion of a sort of hovercraft since the crater is filled with mountain sides, hills and sink holes, and that would probably work best.

I also like the idea of having a mission chain that rewards tokens in order to get the vehicle. I have to give more thought to the crafting suggestion though, because I'm not sure how they would get the blueprint other than perhaps having to do a specific amount of crafting that eventually drops it. I think that might eliminate, or at least reduce options for lower level players, or even players who aren't crafters.

However, I get what you mean by it being an incentive for crafters to come to Monria to craft from a blueprint. If that were the case, then again, I would hope that we could require the blueprint be crafted only on Monria. Also, if we end up with a blueprint for a vehicle (providing we get to have a crater vehicle), I hope that the recipe will call for at least one of the unique Monria resources so that it helps our miners out as well.

Here's my deal ----> if we get to have a Monria crater vehicle, then I'm going to hold a graphics contest to solicit ideas as to potential designs for the Monria-specific vehicle. Anhithe gave me a crapload of apartment deeds to use as I see fit, and I see fit that an apartment would be a nice prize for the winning design. That's if, of course, MindArk is willing to do this for us, as well as what the budget will allow.

Eric Shade Avenged

The Knights of Entropia (TKoE)
Great ideas Sluggo! And your contest idea is killer DME. I think the vehicle should be obtained through missions. Rather than tokens, it should require you to turn in Monria specific resources. If its decided to go with the blueprint idea, it should be crafted from mostly Monria specific resources, and it would be nice if the vehicle could only be used on Monria.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Great ideas Sluggo! And your contest idea is killer DME. I think the vehicle should be obtained through missions. Rather than tokens, it should require you to turn in Monria specific resources. If its decided to go with the blueprint idea, it should be crafted from mostly Monria specific resources, and it would be nice if the vehicle could only be used on Monria.

Thanks Shade, and I like your ideas too. I think as much as we can keep things Monria-specific, it would do well to boost our economy, as well as give our player-base incentive. Our goal is to be as independent as possible, and we know it's going to take a lot of effort to move in that direction, but we're willing to put in the hard work required and partner with community initiatives toward making it happen.

If you think that's a killer contest idea, wait until everyone finds out what my epic event idea is. :D

My creative juices are already flowing on this one, and while it may take some doing to pull it off, I am never deterred by the unknown ----

---------- except where Cthulhu is concerned. If he were a creature I could kill, then it would be over after expending whatever number of weapon cells it took, and however many death cycles I would have to endure, but he's not. That's the scary part. I keep telling everyone that Cthulhu is the dark energy that hovers over the crater, moves silently and ghost-like through the caves without notice, and seeps into terra firma like a tipped over Henry Cavendish beaker of hydrogen. One wrong move, and the effects will have you doing strange things.

Trust me on this one, as we evolve with Monria, we're all going to discover the true meaning of Cthulhu. :eek:

Top Bottom