West Crater Cultist Event

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
It's a shame you didn't advertise this more widely. I only found out about it a few minutes ago, and if I'd known before I'd have been there now and would most likely have had a longer stay on Monria as a result. Good luck to the few people who knew there was an event happening.

Hi Oleg - we were actually going to have this event last weekend, but Arkadia was having a big event, so we waited until this weekend. However, we were still challenged with one important aspect, which is the reason that the event wasn't announced sooner. We had to wait to make sure that we would be able to have the Cultist spawn increased. We also don't have an event zone, so we had to improvise.

The event got posted as soon as we got the word. We weren't going to have the event if we weren't able to have the increased spawn. Our MindArk Engineer came through and the increased spawn was insane, loved it. Going forward, our events will be announced in plenty of time. We will also have other measures in place to get the word out.

This was our first official event of this scale since taking over the Moon, not quite two months ago, and it was important to us to do what we could under the circumstances in order to provide the most successful results possible. Also, when someone else questioned the short notice, this was Anhithe's response:

I know it really su**s to come with counter-suggestions after a decision was made, so I apologize for doing it, but please reconsider the date and pick another weekend, eventually advertise it a bit in-game and on other planets forums (to the degree they allow it), so more people can plan in advance and have time to join the event (and that's really not about me, but if you plan to give a prize as big as apartment, it would really be a shame to not try to attract a crowd as large as possible, which would not really be possible with such a short notice).

"Just to clarify, this was my decision and is deliberate. Players have joined our community and are loyal to us and those are the ones I want to be rewarded. If two people turn up on Saturday and each gets an apartment I will be delighted because they come to Monria for the right reasons, they visit us, check the forums and want to be a part of what we're doing. I am not about stealing players from other planets and I am about building a community from the ground up.

If we end up with a moon full of friends with their own apartments this will be a success. I know some early opinions from a minority were that this should be the approach but if that's all I wanted I would have just bought another couple of land areas."

Ant​

The other thing is, we won't advertise on other forums. We hope that members of the Entropia Universe will have some interest in Monria and either come to check us out, or sign up at the forum to see what's happening and then make a decision to have a visit. A lot of content has been added in the short time since we took over the Moon, and a lot for people to catch up on.

As Anhithe's says, we're building the community from the ground up. It's how we want to do it.

As we get more resources and have more experiences with the feedback from the community, our goal is to provide even better event experiences on Monria.

I hope this was helpful, and I'm sorry that you missed the event. Hope to see you at the next one. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Ok, this is just too bizarre -- :eek: -- all three of these happened on Saturday. The last one was brought to my attention by someone else who noticed it. I caught the first two and posted them in this thread a few posts up.

I must be cursed. :devil

ForumOmen.png

ForumOmen-2.png

DME-666-Likes-012316.png

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Liked your post to remove the curse :p

LOL -- is that not the most bizarre thing? I couldn't believe it. It has to be Cthulhu from the dark abyss. That, or those Cultists who thought they could win the battle at the West Crater Event.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted that photo of my alter ego. It might have been too threatening, even though there were several of them in the shot who said they'd be backup if anyone else distracted me from my Monria writing. :rolleyes:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
HEADS UP -- just wanted to let everyone know that I actually created a separate thread to post the Globals and HoFs in from the event. I should have thought to do this before instead of having you post them in this event thread. I'll be sure to do that going forward with other events to make it more convenient.

I moved all of the Global and HoF posts from this thread to this thread.

IMPORTANT
  • please re-read the event rules with regard to posting screen shots
  • date must be January 23, 2016
  • time must be between 20:00 EU time and 23:00 EU time - no exceptions
  • screen shots must be posted in this thread no later than 23:59 EU time, Jan 24th
Thank you to everyone who attended this event and made it so much fun.

I can't wait to get started on the next event. :D

E8ty2nd

RedWizardHat.com
Shop Owner
Great job DME and thank you for your dedication and hard work. I know the events will only get more interesting as the story unfolds :thumbsup

and the 6's are definitely Cthulhu influenced, just saying :winged

Alissanos

VCAT Team Member
Thanks again for a great event, I think the fact that the organizers/owners were so involved in the actual event made a huge difference, you guys could have just had the spawn increased and said good luck and left us to it but instead you were all there chatting and making it more fun. The treasure hunts were a great idea too!

Gz to all the winners!

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thanks again for a great event, I think the fact that the organizers/owners were so involved in the actual event made a huge difference, you guys could have just had the spawn increased and said good luck and left us to it but instead you were all there chatting and making it more fun. The treasure hunts were a great idea too!

Gz to all the winners!

Thank you Ali, we're about fun too, so we will absolutely be at every event and adding to the craziness as well. We don't want to just make things for the community and let everyone play in the sandbox without us. We are fortunate that we can play our avatars, and I think that is what makes it so much more interesting for us.

I'm a big role player and storyteller, so the community will see different sides of me as we evolve. I think having an event that is related to an ongoing story is fun, and this story is far from over. Are you kidding me. The item that the Cultists were hiding from me was a 4-drawer file cabinet - can you imagine how valuable that is, and what the possibilities are of what could come out of it? :D

I'm rather calculated with event planning, and I like adding layers because I don't like for events to be a wash, rinse and repeat scenario. It's important for me to have substance with our events, and I am fortunate enough to have a partner in Anhithe who is just as off-the-wall as I am when it comes to ramping up the fun factor.

By all indications, everyone was having a great time, and the chat was non-stop awesomeness. :thumbsup

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
WOW DME :D You did youself and the whole Monria team proud, this was a fantastic event,
I loved every second of it, even though I couldn't compete.

Seriously even the addition of the evil count and the crazy pumkins running around brilliant! I have to say even RL got a bit crazy here I could hardly hear the http://atlashavenradio.com/ stream with all the crazyness

You're a star big big big Kudos to you :dancing

I've said it before and I'll say it again and again ....YOU'RE AWESOME :clap

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
It's a shame you didn't advertise this more widely. I only found out about it a few minutes ago, and if I'd known before I'd have been there now and would most likely have had a longer stay on Monria as a result. Good luck to the few people who knew there was an event happening.

Sorry you feel this way @Oleg , I definitely don't want to exclude anyone but I do want a single point of communication and marketing channels. We will be running lots of regular events and I'd love to see you at them in the future. Some ways you can find out about these events are:

• On the clientloader - we put splash screen announcements there so that people on Monria can see them
  • In the forum here, if you use an RSS reader I'd recommend subscribing to the rss feed for the official events thread - rss link
  • on facebook
  • on twitter
  • and google+
Thanks
Ant

Oleg

Sorry you feel this way @Oleg , I definitely don't want to exclude anyone but I do want a single point of communication and marketing channels. We will be running lots of regular events and I'd love to see you at them in the future.

Yes I hope I can make it to future events. I've liked the FB page now so hopefully won't miss it next time. It's good to see you're making an effort to do this stuff, and I hope you'll to continue to do that and to make Monria a better and more popular place :)

Balam

I thought the event was very fair and nicely organized for both newer player and older player.
I believe one of biggest HOF came from L11 mob during the event.
Of course, having higher level will allow you to have advantage, but they also have higher burn rate (ped spending rate).

A lot of my in-game friends and soc mate knew about the event, so I think advertising was not the issue.
Most of event in other planets must be checked on forum too.

I didn't get any big global during the event, but I think it was quiet fair and nice event to participate in.
Hope to see more coming!!

Thank you Monria team to organize this, and gz to all winners.

Top Bottom