What can a lowbie miner use as a cost effective finder?

Discussion in 'Monria Mining | General Discussion' started by Woulfear Runt, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Woulfear Runt

Woulfear Runt Active Member

Good morning to all the smart and successful miners in EU. I come to you great peoples of the moon to ask this question. What is a good depth finder for a low level miner(level 8) to use? I don't get any more SIB's from the tt finders and it appears all the next level finders use 30+ probes (when dropping for Ores and Ematter at the same time). The problem with the 30 probes is that its 1.50 ped per drop. Is there something in between the tt finders and the ones requiring 30 probes? Thank you for your help and helpful replies.

Woulf

DarkMoonEnigma and Kendra like this.
  2. Zarnia Foxtrot

Zarnia Foxtrot Well-Known Member Volunteer Mentor

Hi Woulf. LOL..Not sure if I would call myself "smart and successful" given the success rate of miners much higher in their skill level above me (Im at lvl 22---just getting my feet wet compared to a lvl 50..:)..but I don't think there really is a finder that is the middle ground between the jump of 3 to 30 probes. At least, not in my current experience. You can go through the list of finders available in EU on entropedia.info and see the different finders but they don't mention the the number of probes used with each finder. But as a side note, you don't have to use all 30 probes in a survey drop. When I'm mapping an area, I usually use a lower level, tt finder to see what is more likely found in area..ematters or ores and then when I notice the depth of found claims is running deeper, I will pull out the higher level finder. If I notice there are alot of ematters with the TT, then I will mining that area for ematters. The same applies for ores. So, to save on having to buy alot of probes, use the TT finder to feel out an area and then when you find a promising spot, then use the higher level finder.

Not exactly the answer you were looking for but hopes it helps a little.

:):):)

Zarnia

3. Zarnia Foxtrot

Zarnia Foxtrot Well-Known Member Volunteer Mentor

Just to clarify..the method used above is for outdoor mining, not for mining on Monria or any other indoor mining location. The rules are different for outdoor/indoor mining which is why its not recommended for new miners to mine in indoor locations like Monria....Have fun learning..that is what makes mining all the more enjoyable.

:aok

4. Woulfear Runt

Woulfear Runt Active Member

@Zarnia Foxtrot, ty for your reply. The whole scoping out an area is an idea I had not thought of. I make a point of going back to places I've had good success in the past. Am using a F105 finder and am really enjoying it but just wandered if their was a middle of the road finder that does SIB's too. Being a Monria baby I am familiar with the indoor vs. outdoor mining experience. I thank you for your incite, as a babe in the woods their is so much to learn about EU. Please keep the ideas coming, I can use all the help you are offering. : )
    Woulf