What finder?

Discussion in 'Monria Mining | General Discussion' started by Showtek, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Showtek

Showtek New Member

Hello,

I am using A22 at the moment which has about 403m depth with Level 7 amps, but i am hitting lyst constantly in craters. I would like to know, what setups are people using, what depths, and are you guys hitting lyst claims very frequently? I don't mind hitting lysterium, but id prefer hitting markup.

Regards,
    Show.

Mikass likes this.
  2. Mikass

Mikass Well-Known Member

Hi,

That's very weird. I've done some mining today and rarely hit lysterium. It didn't seem frequent to me. I'm using OF-104 finder.

3. Rilla Grorilla Askin

Rilla Grorilla Askin New Member

Im using f-106, f-105 can hit most if not all ores and enmatters. Ive been using them for years. As for (L) finders I dont use them unless I get them super cheap. Lyst is abundant in main crater for me, its about 60% my claims in there. Everywhere else seems to be mixed more evenly. As for amps I never drop over a lvl7 bar one or two lvl 13 when Im drunk and lvl5 would be my amp of choice. The last few days Ive not been using any amps until I gather for resource data.

Mikass likes this.
  4. s4n1ty

s4n1ty New Member

I noticed similar occurance with A22 and therefore checked average depth which is pretty low compared to other finders with likewise required mining profession level e.g. Ziplex Tk320. Using mining depth enhancers helped alot. Hit way less Lysterium claims this way.

5. Showtek

Showtek New Member

Maybe i am just in a lysterium loot "stage".

Lysterium Stone63 PEDTue, 12 Nov 2013 16:19:54
    Lysterium Stone59 PEDTue, 12 Nov 2013 16:12:51
    Lysterium Stone55 PEDTue, 12 Nov 2013 16:12:10
    Lysterium Stone60 PEDTue, 12 Nov 2013 15:51:50
    Lysterium Stone56 PEDTue, 12 Nov 2013 15:49:02
    Lysterium Stone67 PEDTue, 12 Nov 2013 15:48:39
    [​IMG]Lysterium Stone75 PEDTue, 12 Nov 2013 15:42:37
    [​IMG]Lysterium Stone76 PEDTue, 12 Nov 2013 15:41:18
    Lysterium Stone58 PEDTue, 12 Nov 2013 15:34:53
    Lysterium Stone55 PEDTue, 12 Nov 2013 15:29:41
    Lysterium Stone56 PEDTue, 12 Nov 2013 15:28:22

Is a little too much Lyst! Ill try another finder.

6. Tepes

Tepes New Member

How about rookie finders? Did ~100 drops mostly on enmatter, and found 3 resources all tiny. If the claims are so deep, then no need for low-level miners to bother.

7. s4n1ty

s4n1ty New Member

IMHO not all claims are in high depth. But searching there will increase likelihood for more rare (and mostly higher MU) minerals.

8. Showtek

Showtek New Member

100 drops and 3 claims, yeah that sounds about right mate, you should base your run on more drops, because unfortunately 100, is not a very good number to judge on.

Mikass likes this.
  9. Tepes

Tepes New Member

Then new players will quit so fast that MA will not know what hit them. I know about the chances on FOMA style mining, but new players are not starting on FOMA/HELL. They do however start on Monria - so they have to alleviate this somehow.

10. s4n1ty

s4n1ty New Member

Tepes, just curious what's the TT value each bomb/probe using the rookie finder?

11. Showtek

Showtek New Member

Tepes thats a very good point, i didn't realise people were actually being "born" at Monria....

12. Mikass

Mikass Well-Known Member

Fair points guys but worth keeping in mind some new players may have deep pockets. Being noob doesn't also mean they're poor and can't afford to mine.

The rookie finder is also cheaper way to start mining. They also get to experience mining on the Gateway before they get to Monria.

13. Tepes

Tepes New Member

Is 1/10 the normal cost, i.e. 5 pec / enmatter, 10 pec / ore. While it seems a very little cost, you can easily spend 10-20 ped getting very little in return. It used to be not in the very distant past that you could fine an Ample with a Rookie finder planetside... it seems things changed. Anyway, it should function as any other tool with a reasonable return. New players are getting pretty demoralized after losing 1 dollar after 30 min running (because they extrapolate to 2-3 hours / day / month or more and they quickly get a monthly cost of ~150 bucks).

Forgot about the Gateway, you're right. Yes, they do have a chance there to mine, and in my opinion is a very nice designed area with lots of missions. Basically you can learn a lot about the game interface there, but guess what, most of the players just zip through it (and not only alts, had new guys asking questions which are clearly explained there, and if I tell them RTFM... ).

I'll do 100 more drops, I know that TT wise seems nothing but one should take 50% at least JUST because is not a gambling drop. Cycling tons of peds to get a decent return with Rookie finder is invalidating the initial idea somehow, and if it proves an invalid method on Monria, is no biggie, just so we know. MA had some issues with mining here (mildly put) and the depths could need a little balancing, this is the whole reason of my post.

About the big pocket new players: he he... true, now and then some "poor" fellow will drop and blow thousands in weeks like no tomorrow. This kind of customer is what Ferrari looks after, but how often they pop-up?

Other than that, as this place is just as good as other to ask - will Monria expand? seems quite small, surface wise, especially with the tunnels and unused adjacent land. Maybe some asteroids will crash and make another craters :)

s4n1ty likes this.
  14. Mikass

Mikass Well-Known Member

Expanding Monria is something that can be done of course. Let's wait and see what future holds. :)

15. s4n1ty

s4n1ty New Member

Tepes, let us know how it goes. I would do some more runs and perhaps try another finder apart from rookie one.

16. Tepes

Tepes New Member

Did it the same day, 1st 50 drops got 4 finds - all tiny (oil, alicenies, typonolic, zoldenite). First 3 are unsellable in small quantities, but zoldenite can make you profit, if you find it.

I did another 25 drops - all NRF - which combined with the ones from before were something like 35 NRF in a row so I just got pissed off and quit :).

Inconclusive, the only constant was that all finds were tiny as before. Also I used the UL Rookie Terramaster, maybe the TT one would work better?

17. s4n1ty

s4n1ty New Member

Zoldenite is nice. indeed. Yea, I would try again with TT one.

18. PowerSporeMax

PowerSporeMax Member

I've personally tried the 6 pec finder, the rookie finder and the F-105 on Monria. The standard I've found (and it's by no means the rule to mining there) but the lower the finder, when I did find something, the size of the find was smaller than using the F-105. With the rookie finder it was normal to find ii and iii claims. Where as with the F-105 I normally was finding IX and X claims. But as we've seen in the short time people have found big claims with the 6 pec finder so the possibility for them to do quite well is there. Also the markup seemed very good on the low level stuff, and I havn't had issues auctioning my ores and enmatters. Small or big. Remember Monria is new, as with anything new there could be adjustments, changes and so forth. So far, i'm absolutely loving it and just hope for bigger and better in the future.

19. Wolfgang

Wolfgang New Member

I can't believe you said that honestly. It sounds like you believe ppl who depo are morons. 3 hits out of a 100 drops is a TERRIBLE thing for a noob to see regardless of depo amount. You should take a little more time and think on the question rather than mocking a low depoer or the intellect of a noob.

20. PhoenixX

PhoenixX Active Member

My mining skill is pretty low IMO, and i always do well on Monria? 2 of my 3 mining globals have been here. (1 on foma) TBO I only mined Monria to do a mineral survey, or to try my finder as its level increased to see what effect on returns it had - i never really expected to come out ahead, and it seems i am breaking even at least. All I use is an F-105 which is presently level 2 thanks to some parts pynthas sold me. Today I got a 66 ped global on Narcanisum Stone in main crater for example.

It appears main crater has under 300 metre ores, and the other craters are all over 400 metres, so if i mined them all i would get is small claims and Lysterium. Thus all my success seems to be in Main crater.

So far the majority of enmater ive found when bothering to look as been in the caves too. So Monria seems to be a mixed bag. If noobs are willing to waste a few probes doing some taste testing, they should find the area that suits their level best.

Todays run was only 10 drops, and I hit 2 claims. 13.42 of belkar and the global above on Narc.

I only seem to global on mining, despite my high laser tech skill - ive not got a hunting global yet - although I have had loot values that would qualify for a global, it doesn't announce it. But I attribute that to having played through 2004-05 when they totally screwed up the skill system - my title ranks and skill levels are totally out of sync because of Mindarks stupidity. Downside is, using hand guns my critical rate is pretty average, upside is, space weapons /seem/ to rely more on the skill level than the title rank level, so i do quite a bit of damage there, strange as that seems.