Cyrene | An Introduction to the Covert Ops 5-Part Series

Discussion in 'EU Archives | Cyrene Covert Ops by MindStar9' started by DarkMoonEnigma, Nov 22, 2017.

1. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Monria Yamato Pilot Community Manager MCAT Team Member Monria Media Team Chief Fun Officer

I had a chat with Ant a while back about creating an EU Archives section at the forum where I can post some of the articles, profiles and special projects that I've worked on over the past 12+ years and share them with you. He thought it was a good idea, but I was only able to get a few things added due to time constraints. For those of you who haven't been around that long, it might give you some insight into how EU was and how things changed over the years.

I've decided to take the time to add the Cyrene 5-Part Covert Ops Series that I wrote while an official on the Cyrene Writing Team and working with Ed and Kris. I was a part of the team before and after Cyrene was launched, and we introduced quite a bit of exclusive content that would be seen on Cyrene to give the community a peek at what they could expect. Lots of concept art, and even one of their graphics artists (Tum) took the time to draw sketches for this series that you will find throughout the 5 episodes.

I enjoyed very much working with Ed and Kris, and there were quite a few writing projects planned, but it was very difficult to grab a significant block of time now and then to work on story arc because Ed was pulled in so many directions and very involved in development toward launching Cyrene. When we did manage to get the time, we thoroughly enjoyed working on at least the Covert Ops series and a few character chronicles but I can't publish those. It was fun writing this series based on the official Cyrene storyline which is massive and one of the best I've heard. I say heard because Ed has it all locked up in his head and it never appeared in print (that I know of), other than the Sons of Remus which was the first chapter of this massive storyline. I'm not sure how much spilled over into mission dialogue either, but it's a superb storyline.

Ed fed me storyline as we progressively worked through character development, but we also included the exclusive content to give everyone a sneak peek at what was to come. After the Covert Ops series was finished, we continued to be challenged to find enough time to work on the additional writing projects, and that was when, after a year, that I discussed my departure from the Cyrene Writing Team. Ed and Kris fully understood and respected that I wasn't being of intended service with my writing contributions because Ed was so incredibly busy and involved with development (we needed to work together on story arc), and that I needed the release from my contract so that I could do other things.

It was a wonderful experience and I have recently re-connected with Kris at Cyrene because we will be doing field trips there and I'd like to coordinate a few things with him, same as I am with Dylan at Arkadia.

Here's something that you may or may not know ... Cyrene is very much connected to Monria, in that, our current General who heads up the DSEC Military on Monria is Winslow Anderson who headed up the Intergalactic Space Mission Agency (ISMA) on Earth and worked very closely with Senator Calvin Neff in the Cyrene storyline, and both worked very closely with MindStar9 (my original avatar on ice right now) in the Cyrene Covert Ops series. General Anderson left ISMA to replace the DSEC Military General when we took over the Moon, and has kept in touch with Senator Calvin Neff and his associations with Cyrene.

Arkadia is also connected to Monria, because that's how we got Anny. Her first Arkadia video story caught my attention when I saw it on the Arkadia FB page. I left a complimentary message and she contacted me in the game. The rest I think you could say is history. Anny published her second Arkadia video story, and is now working on a third or fourth I think where the story tells of leaving Arkadia on a mission to Monria where some investigative work needed to be done.

So as you can see, there are extended ties to Monria that periodically will work well with our storyline. Anny is involved in writing something special that will be published later on, and we're both excited about it.

This is the only other series I've done, other than my Monria storyline writing. I think it would be an interesting prospect now and then to expand our reach and include unexpected elements into our storytelling, whether it becomes a part of the official storyline, or side stories that relate Arkadia and Cyrene to Monria. I also very much like the Arkadia storyline. Professor Milton Lee is my favorite character; too bad he's dead. :(

2. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Monria Yamato Pilot Community Manager MCAT Team Member Monria Media Team Chief Fun Officer

We shifted gears and will be presenting this series a bit differently, so it will take just a little more time. :D

Kingu and Lamilla Lami Masterson like this.