Maffia at Nawa Temple

Blackfist696

There is a problem at Nawa Temple, some avatars of CCCP society try to get all nawa, not a problem itself as everyone can get nawa but is a problem for new players as they always kill them and use alt avatar to collect nawa for profit and not for game pleasure.

(times before, peoples was great and fairplay, talking while waiting nawa and sometime, split their loot...)

So to give a chance to new players, i suggest to remove PVP area from Nawa Temple and decrease the value of the spawns to discourage thoses thieves.

I don't spend most time there, so i'm happy to help new players with buying their nawa, but only to them!!!

It's always when some bad guys do bad things, that all others would be punished...

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
While i understand the frustration, ill say pvp is pvp.
Get killed? Then kill.

Its an eternal problem to have freebies in a pvp area. But that the rig game.

Lets not bring any pvp drama here, Toulan been safe from this ever since.

Why make temple not pvp?
Why not make nawa a mined ressource then?
And why not leaving it as it is?

PvP is pvp. I played pew pew with some CCCP and they were gentlemen still.

I wont engage a PVP nor a soc. talk bitching here.

In pvp people live and die. Cant hold it, dont go there. End of.
Cant get nawa? Buy it from people there or fight for it.
Can get freebies to sell at super MU and refuse to do anything else? Then i fear Toulan is not for them.

E-

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
1) The Temple rig is a PVP zone.

2) When we learn of the Temple rig we are instructed to fight for the Nawa.

It's part of the story, as well as the game mechanics. Sounds to me like they're the ones playing the game as intended.

Avatars may choose to cooperate, hanging out and chatting away the boredom of doing nothing, but unless you are willing and prepared to enforce that cooperation, all you can do is hope.

I've had much more fun at the Temple rig fighting with my rivals (like CCCP), and with strangers (often future friends) then I ever had standing around. Toulan may be quite small, but it's much, much bigger than the Temple rig - if it's "closed", try something else.

Cheers,
Miles

Captain, Al-Nahar Wanderers

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Just as for information, i went to visit the temple tonight - i am there as i am writting, and here is how i found it.

temple.jpg

Be safe,
E-

Liu

Fight with the best, Die like the rest.

This is the PVP rule, no matter what's hidden there.

The Stare

I just found the rig last night. There was one player running around it in circles until he spotted me. We scanned each other, and I decided he could kill me with ease. He never said anything and resumed circling the rig. So, not knowing what the Nawa Rig is, or how it works, or what Nawa is, or what Nawa even looks like, I began looking it over closely. I was suddenly attacked and did manage to make him work to kill me, although I died in the end... AND REVIVED HALF WAY ACROSS THE MAP!!!

I am here today to find answers to my questions. Which is really irritating because I would much rather be in-game exploring, and contributing to the local (nonexistent) economy.

What is the Nawa Rig?
How does the Nawa Rig work?
What is Nawa?
What does Nawa even look like?
If Nawa is so important to the Toulan story, why is it so difficult to find out anything about it?
Why is the revive point so far away the battle?

Always Have FUN!

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
I just found the rig last night. There was one player running around it in circles until he spotted me. We scanned each other, and I decided he could kill me with ease. He never said anything and resumed circling the rig. So, not knowing what the Nawa Rig is, or how it works, or what Nawa is, or what Nawa even looks like, I began looking it over closely. I was suddenly attacked and did manage to make him work to kill me, although I died in the end... AND REVIVED HALF WAY ACROSS THE MAP!!!

I am here today to find answers to my questions. Which is really irritating because I would much rather be in-game exploring, and contributing to the local (nonexistent) economy.

What is the Nawa Rig?
How does the Nawa Rig work?
What is Nawa?
What does Nawa even look like?
If Nawa is so important to the Toulan story, why is it so difficult to find out anything about it?
Why is the revive point so far away the battle?

Always Have FUN!

Hi Stare,

1) The Nawa "rig" is the fountain like structure in the Temple. It is similar in function to the Oil Rigs in PVP on Calypso and elswhere, which is why it is referred to as a "rig". All rigs are in PVP zones, and that has always been part of the rig game. Toulan has nice rig, in that Nawa has markup, while Oil has none, and the temple setting is nice.

2) Periodically, the Nawa rig will spawn Nawa Drops, typically in stacks from 90-110 units. They will be found on the ground around the fountain (hence the running in circles). The spawn rate is just a few per hour, and very erratic.

3) Nawa is an En-Matter and can be found mining (not found lately) and on the ground like Fruit/Stone/Dung, but mostly comes from the Temple. Nawa Drops refine to Nawa Vial, which are used in crafting weapons and textures. Other uses are expected.

4) Nawa Drops are found as small, translucent vials - mostly White and Orange.

5) If you read some of the backstory on forum you can learn more. Remember that Toulan is still in Beta, and the populations is small, so the Forum content is not as rich as on more populous planets.

6) Snow Stretch is the closest revive to the Temple, and the distance is part of the challenge. It's not supposed to be easy and convenient.

One final note, my personal opinion is that the rig needs more PVP action, not less, and that rigs are intended to be battlegrounds first, hangouts second. New players with no ability to defend themselves are at the mercy of others

If you want to develop your avatar, you would be better off engaging in some skill building activity then hanging at the Temple hoping for free Nawa.

Good Luck (and Welcome to Toulan)

Cheers, Miles

The Stare

Thanks for that Miles :) Part of my confusion probably because I have no Rig experience anywhere. Would be a nice society outing to take it over for a while :) hehe

Top Bottom