Mining on Monria?

Discussion in 'AMA - (Ask Me Anything)' started by mastermesh, May 2, 2017.

1. mastermesh

mastermesh Member

Anyone have a tutorial or whatever on Monria mining? I sometimes drop a tt probe here and there when wandering around to see what happens, but almost every time it's nrf on Monria. There was one time I found a little smidge of Maldorite but that was it...

Does monria mining work like the mining on the asteroids for the most part, where you have to have biggest amp you can afford and have to cross your fingers, eyes, and and toes in hopes for the best and may get back some small return once a year? (i.e. is it set up like 'indoor mining' since the craters basically work like 'domes' or not?)... On Rocktropia you get something back almost every drop, but I've read somewhere that Rocktropia is harder to hit it big because it doesn't have any 'something out of the ordinary' whatever that means... is that a problem that inhibits the moon as well? Seems like there should be lots of potential 'something out of the ordinary' out there of cthulu flavor potentially?

2. Darth Revan Reborn

Darth Revan Reborn Active Member

Monria is considered indoor mining, so like FOMA. you get less hits than usual, but most of your hits will be higher value.
    You will need a large bankroll if you want to use high level amps on the moon and not break your bank, i have gone 30 drops in a row without a single hit ... just to give you an idea.

Kendra likes this.
  3. Amandil

Amandil Active Member

A year ago June I hit 200 PED iron with the lil finder from TT, I was hooked :) I've tested small amps, lvl l & ll without seeing any results. But that may just be my bad luck. I spent a couple months here with F 105 and did well dropping probes in between shootin MOBS. I used shrapnel instead of buying probes. Now I come back here to see the larger hits Monria has..

Did my best to find out just what the hell in door mining rules means? Only 'fact' I think I found is that your range is cut in 1/2

Last visit I used a F 101 tiered to lvl 8 - hit large iron.

GL2U and fwiw, imo, luck plays as much a part as amps and massive quanities of probes

Kendra likes this.
  4. Amandil

Amandil Active Member

This is with a [TerraMaster 3 (L)] - no amps

[​IMG]

Curd, Kendra and DarkMoonEnigma like this.
  5. DarkMoonEnigma

DarkMoonEnigma Connecting Moon Dots Staff Member Moderator Monria Yamato Pilot Community Manager MCAT Team Member Monria Media Team Chief Fun Officer

I saw that one pop for you, Gratz on that. :)

6. Kendra

Kendra Moon Marketer and Virtual shopper Staff Member Moderator Official Moon Shopper Monria Media Team

Nice one Amandil :D Ive added to our pintrest page :)