CUHOF instances

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
well you are sure right and it is a nice step of development... though the economic point of view should still be important... not everyone can spend 10$ to safely lose for one hour of entertainment...
its a good thing for the miners though!

Hope you dont mind if i move the "general" instances discussion here? Beggining of the discussion being HERE

The way i see it, 100 PED for 10 min entertainement and hopes of looting a UL seem to be your wish.

Now, i always have this picture of the two loading screens where we can see a toon holding a fluffy rocket launcher (one is against a wahesh, another is an explosive shot at the temple).

This is what i aim for - Toulan devs are tricky, we all seen throught their missions.
They love to cook us and hide things - They sure have a spare thing for us in their sleeve.

THOSE instances are for me the gold mine.

Lets say, when EPs BP appeared, it needed to be crafted, to loot higher BPs, then get bigger rewards.
Here is the same, i think we are stepping in a new era for Toulan.

I think if UL there is, i mite be a rare drop in a CUHOF 3 to 5 - which will requires ton of crafting, grinding, and fighting!! (who knows what other CUHOF are hiding :rolleyes:)

So sure it is expensive, but arent are all the "grinding" in EU?

I mean even if i loot UL Joomjoom (i know its Jamjoom, Joomjoom is just cute :eek:) in an instance 03 that took me months and thousands PED to get, ill be super happy.

Because its Toulan :p

Last point i try to make, Toulan is a very small planet. it is not intended to be like a ARK, or even Cyrene.

I dare to think that they attach much more important to a tiny amount of people who stay here on long terms, rather than quick tourists snapping all BP/ressources and leave.
Not even a AH feeder in my opinion.

Toulan would want to be local oriented, we already started this inbetween us, like a fair trade market, and i dont think it would have room for ton of hunters/miners/crafters.

I already see Calypso shops full of Toulan textures, and they never sell - due to high TT (without even the high MU)
No one want to buy ressources - because theres no market, no crafters. Crafting is extremly expensive TT wise here, none want to be lazy and buy loots instead of saving time on hunts/mining.

Toulan is a game of patience for now, and instances are just the same.
Is it meant to stay this way? Well a fair trade local market suits me to be honest.
All the Italic writting are my speculations and engage myself only, but that the way i see it, for now.

I see Toulan a s a "Do It Yourself" planet, not as a profiusely market trading place.

And those instances are another way to prove your Quwa (strenght) to Toulan :eek:

E-

Liu

Thanks for all the feedback. I discovered Toulan a few days ago, went all the way through the chain missions and just crafter my key, heading now to the cave for the first time. It's beautiful and nicely written, but hell I 've lost a lot of peds here in such a short ammount of time. And I came here only to look at the clothes.... (any advice to get some is welcome ^^)
I hope my cave will be successful !!

Where I disagree with you still, is that it needs much more people here . It is cosy and such, but it needs buyers for miners like me otherwise it will never be sustainable. So far, whatever I do here I must do it knowing I'll have to TT everything. It is really sad and not long term vision like...

Still, a nice planet, but not ready to welcome long term players I think.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Hellow Liu,

I just noticed you are french, i suppose you are the Liu in the french channel. We can chat in french if theres any language issue in english, even though it is not a problem at all to follow the english policy on forums. Just saying incase theres a struggle defining something. :)

Indeed those instances are pretty nice, visually and on the gameplay side.
Though they are still a bit bugged, and need adjustments, as only implanted 2 weeks ago.
I would advice to try them, but not to go too hard on them for now.

On the "market" side, i totally agree with you. Toulan need more "regular" players.
But, thing is, people coming on Toulan are mostly "tourists". They come, hunt/mine, try sell and leave.
People trying to sell ores/enmatters at 120% to 130% when its extremly common / hides and animal loots at 150% to 200% when its garanteed drops - this is not going anywhere.
They just know rare are people here, and try stick at this stupid MU built by lazy Caly people.

But if you stay long enough here, you will meet the shy regulars and get to go along with local deals.

This is how it works here, for now, alongside with the "AH to Caly" exportation system which doesnt help the MU.

Be safe, and enjoy your time here.
See you around,

E-

Liu

Hey, yes' it's me, we talked a bit yesterday.

I tried hard, I mean, 3 tries as the key allowed me, and three times huge losses.
It's been enough for me as I am not a big time hunter, I need at least a feeble economy to survive. I think I will come back at least at each VU to follow the story line, because I quite enjoyed it. I kept my nawa in the storage, but duh ! Ped wise, it was tough.
I could give some of my stuff to others, but most had to be TT'ed.

Sad.

Hope Toulan can replace Next Island in my heart, now that it is dead.

Eleni Von Estlla

Volunteer Mentor
Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Toulan Historian
Spot on then :)

Well, storyline is epic indeed, i love how puzzled the devs can turn us, its tricky and makes a change from the silly point-to-point quests.
There is also the storytelling section here on the forum that was held early on release, but stopped for some reason - if you want some backstory about Toulan i would recommend it, its lovely.

Now yes, if you only went into quests and CUHOF solo, im not surprised you was at losses.
But even CUHOF begginer (free key) can reward ok, i did a bunch of runs with a friend and we pulled around 14PED each off the chests, a few times. Sometime she looted 12, me 3PED - sometimes me 12 and her 3 (we were exactly same DPS).

Now in general, on Toulan, it is not rare to see a low level mob globaling up to 200 PED (sunjoq dominant - bahri - qaffaz guardian - ...)
So basiclly the planet rolls the same, but agreed that CUHOF instances needs adjustments.

As described up, i speculate thise instances to be rewarding some rare gear in future, worthy things. Though i doubt anything is implanted yet but that would be a balance explaining "cost of a run / chance of a worthy reward".

Will just need time to roll them more, CUHOF's are a grinding thingy.
Needs to do 01 to get to 02 - 02 for 03 key parts - etc... With a thin chance to get a prize in 04 or 05 (speculations again)

So yes a buch of 01 runs wouldnt have bring much appeal if to please eyes and for fun :p

E-

Liu

Well, I made three runs in the CUHOF 1, and thought more like loots were bugged. It cost me over 200peds with decay and barely got half back.
I'm off for now and may come back later. The blow was hard.

Miles Stardust

VCAT Team Member
Key Parts not Dropping

I've been going through the caves quite a bit, and I have some loot related questions.

Caves 01 and 02 have not been dropping any Key Pins or Key Rings - they did at the beginning but I have not found any for quite a while.

Cave 03 has still been dropping the Key Bases, but I've done considerably fewer runs, and I don't think anyone else has done very many either, so I expect that they will to stop, too.

Could you please check/confirm the drop rate of Key parts? Without them, the loot is generally pretty depressing, and I can't craft the higher keys.

The only interesting loot beyond Key Parts has been the previously impossible to find Haris Harness(L) - but it's still just a limited armor part and they drop most every Cave 3 run. I expected to see more variations in loot - more interesting and uncommon items - and some form of higher markup loot (like key components, etc).

Also, how much do loot boxes vary in value - they seems to operate within a much narrower range than normal loot. Should I expect to hit some much bigger than average loot boxes to offset the heavy costs, or should I expect to find special items, high markups, etc.? (Or both/neither?)

Thanks,
Miles

Top Bottom